Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite Zorro not coming into the awards at the fun-tests at the weekend, it now appears he didn't come away empty-handed! I have just parted him from the company of Mr Tic and Mr Toc, and I have a horrible feeling that there may be the rest of the family in amongst his woolly coat that he invited along for a jaunt back to Gloucester! It's going to take some rummaging about, and then all the to-do of serving them their eviction notices and assisting them to pack their bags etc before I can be sure that they have all vacated their holiday home!

We don't 'do' Tics in civilised Gloucester! :lol: Helen- would you like me to send them back to you?!!! 8O :wink:

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
:lol: :lol: ...but have you seen the lovely pic on him in the extras gallery :D :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Awww poor Zorro, I`m sure the are invited guests Becs, a staely GR such as Zorro wouldn`t entertain little gits like tics!, hope you can find and evict all of them.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Oh dear. The old moggie Mozart used to be good for coming in with ticks. I hate those little things. Don't envy you having to do a full body search of all that gorgeous golden fur.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Poor Zorro. Unfortunately we have lots of them orrible things up here. I am so grateful to the person who invented these tick removing thingies as I wouldn't be able to cope otherwise!

Eileen

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
oh dear, but zorro was so good at making everyone feel welcome becs, you can hardly blame the little blighters for thinking they were welcome to!! off to check if zak has brought home any unwanted waifs and strays,

sheila and zak[/list]

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Poor you, tics are absolutely revolting things and just what is the point of them :? Hope you manage to evict the rest of the tic and toc family and send them packing :D

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I found a third one! And Mrs Tic so did not want to be evicted! Apparently, she had had it "up to 'ere" with rural life and Zorro had promised her a fresh, new start in the City. :roll: I had to get quite nasty and threaten her with the bailiffs then squirt Frontline in her eye before she agreed to release her grip.

What a shame we didn't realise that Zorro had some pals with him at the fun-day Angela. They could have had a set of photos all to themselves to remind them of their holiday! :lol:

Becs and The Gang

G

·
0 Posts
Eewwk, Poor Zorro, Jet sends his very best wags and the hope that Zorro can sleep alone in his bed tonight :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Yeah the long grass was the hub of tick activity. I saw a fair few of the blighters attempt to hitch a lift to the promised land courtesy of my body! I think not. No beastie is welcome on moi!!!!! Bracks seems ok, but she'd been frontlined just a few days before.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Becs said:
What a shame we didn't realise that Zorro had some pals with him at the fun-day Angela. They could have had a set of photos all to themselves to remind them of their holiday! :lol:
They could have - I had my macro lens in the car too.

<Shudder>.

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
They were a regular finding when we were in Belgium - disgusting things! Used to find titchy tiny ones in Luna's eyebrows and muzzle when going to give her a kiss cos she looking cute - eeeeurgh!!

Always knew when the frontline was due cos they weren't dying on her!! Touchwood - none since returning to UK!!! Whoopeeeee - OR maybe the advantix the vet used before we entered the UK is working!!!

Hope you manage to rid poor luscious locks Zorro of all the beasties.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
*Phew*
Really glad I Frontlined all my dogs last week now - Vegas should be fully protected - will give him a once-over tonight though, just in case.

Poor Zorro, hope there's no more evil beasties on him, I hate ticks!!!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The grass was crawling with the little blighters - I kept squashing them as they ran all over me when I was sitting under the tree. 8O Yuck yuck yuck! I did Frontline the boys just before we went, but of course they do still have to attach themselves before they die. :evil:

Does anyone know, is it a particularly bad year for ticks this year? I have spotted far more dead bodies clinging in a Frontine induced last rites way this year, than I have for the past few years.

Uurgh, am all itchy now! 8O

Katy

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I checked Carly - no tics on her.... however i ended up with a few extra reminders from the day - about 7 bites on my lower legs.. but a dose of piriton and anhtishan(sp.) calmed those down...

(trust me to wear Shorts!!!)

sharon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts