Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I'm pretty much deciced on ordering a couple of zippy beds but really can't decide on the colour :?

What colour do you think? I was thinking navy but liking the red too.

I suppose the red wouldn't show Rusti and Sunni's hairs so much but then saying that I already have a navy waterproof cushion that all the gang likes to sit on and the hairs don't really stick it it, so its not much of a problem.

The beds would be for my living room which is cream and terracotta so maybe red would go better?

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Yes red won't show Rusti's and Sonni's hairs...I think it would depend on where I was going to put the beds and the colours in the room? :D ..do like these zippy's just need Milo to wear out his giant bed I brought back from Crufts last year :roll:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Just had this dilemma Nikki, in the end I plumped for the navy and they're due any day now so I can let you know if you like :D

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Labradash said:
Just had this dilemma Nikki, in the end I plumped for the navy and they're due any day now so I can let you know if you like :D
Oooh yes please!

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
I decided on red Nikki so it wouldn't show the hairs. I actually have some blue (not Zippy) beds and they show all the Fox Red hairs. No hairs can be seen on the red Zippy bed at all.

I would have prefered black for the "look" with my furniture but I new that would be a disaster!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Well Ruebens is a black one, but thats because he's black and the hairs don't show, which in turn means I don't have to hoover it out every day! :oops: :oops:

Hope to see some pics Nikki when you get them! Rueben is totally in love with his and even when he was invited onto the bed last night for a cuddle he chose his zippy bed instead!!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Blue beds have arrived Nikki!

I'm very pleased with them, it's a nice navy, looks a bit brighter in the photo, maybe because I took in front of the window.

Just unpacked the first bed, put it down to go get the camera and this is how I found them on my return!! I did try to tell them we bought them one each and there was no need to squish into one :roll: !

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
awww bless them Helen - there seems to be something distinctly attractive (to dogs!) about a zippy bed - do you reckon Julie sprinkles 'eau de dog treats' on them before she sends them out????

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hadn't thought of that Susan ... on a completely different topic did you know that ... alledgedly ... Nescafe spray the inside of their jars with coffee aroma before filling them and sealing them?

Anyhoo, sorry Nikki to go OT, my lot are very nosey and truly believe that everything the postman brings, or that I bring back home in shopping bags, is for them and has to be sniffed, eaten, or sat on :roll:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Labradash said:
Hadn't thought of that Susan ... on a completely different topic did you know that ... alledgedly ... Nescafe spray the inside of their jars with coffee aroma before filling them and sealing them?

Anyhoo, sorry Nikki to go OT, my lot are very nosey and truly believe that everything the postman brings, or that I bring back home in shopping bags, is for them and has to be sniffed, eaten, or sat on :roll:
I'm sure it's just the beds being squishy-comfy tbh :D

Freshly opened bag of coffee beans - one of the best smells in the world.

Helen - do your dogs not think other peoples shopping bags that you pass in the street are fair game too? Z does hehehehehe

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Here's one of my Lol Doll on her navy bed...very cosy. She loves it now after her initial 'ooh mum it makes a noise!' fears :)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Tilly1314 said:
Here's one of my Lol Doll on her navy bed...very cosy. She loves it now after her initial 'ooh mum it makes a noise!' fears :)
really pleased she's over her noisy bed moments :)

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Helen - many thanks and looks like they approve of the new bed(s)! :lol: What size did you get - the large or XXL?

Barbara - glad to see Lottie is now enjoying her bed! :D

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
think i';m gonna have to buy on of these for Alfie for the living room. He's not decrated yet but he lie's most of the day on the sofa,only venturing to his crate at bedtime or if i have to go out..lol

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Lovely picture Helen :D
Can I ask, as they're waterproof are they noisy? Do they make that scrunching noise when the dogs rollover in their sleep? Thinking of a getting on for our bedroom but not if it's noisy.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Basil said:
Lovely picture Helen :D
Can I ask, as they're waterproof are they noisy? Do they make that scrunching noise when the dogs rollover in their sleep? Thinking of a getting on for our bedroom but not if it's noisy.
Defo make scrunchy waterproof noise Sarah - I'd say not the ideal bed for the bedroom (unless you got Julie to make you one with the fleece interior - then it might not scrunch - worth asking if anyone has gone for that option - you can see them on the normal zippy website rather than ebay but you can specify them on ebay afaik)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts