Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a friend who has a golden retriever, and every year she makes her dog a birthday cake, using special pate and other dog food based products. Before we had Bradley, i used to think she was crazy and wondered why she went to all that trouble!

I can see why though now, after owning a dog, and because of how much they all mean to us.

Anyway, i found this website whilst browsing for other things today, which provides your Lab with suitable birthday outfits! Quite sweet i thought -

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=76&pf_id=2342

It's Bradleys 1st birthday next month, maybe i should treat him to a dicky bow :lol:

I don't think i'll be cooking any 'dog birthday cakes' though, i'm not the worlds greatest cook at the best of times!! lol.

Do you do anything special for your Lab when it's their birthday?

Julie

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol..the dicky bows look very cute..lol..

i dont bake a cake but i sing happy birthday :oops: ..lol.and they have chicken or some other cooked meat as a treat :)
and all day they just get extra cuddles and basically spoilt but then again whats new there always spoilt..lol

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Every birthday has been special,a new toy,new collar or lead and a day out,on dylans first birthday we went to betws-y-coed for a day out and he had his photos taken by some australians who would have taken him if i had let them,oh the temptation,after all guys they are family.Lynne.

G

·
I would always buy a nice present for Ol's birthday something like a new bed or basket, a nice collar & lead, some new squeekies and of course an extra large sized bone to keep him occupied for the day. I always wrapped his presents up because he loved to rip open the paper.
In the evening we would have a special slap up meal, a roast with all the trimmings and Ollie would have his bowl filled extra high followed by chocolate birthday cake with candles of course!
Ollie would receive several birthday cards from family & friends so I can't be held responsible for those can I?
It's nice to spoil them but just be sure to grab those candles off the cake quickly.

Michaela

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Shadow always gets a new soft squeeky toy (last week it was Tony the Tiger!!), plus an assortment of edible treats, and this year he has got a new soft bed as well. Spoilt rotten? Our Shadow? You Bet!

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Claire, now that Shadow is an OAP (at least compared to most labs on the forum!!) he is pretty good at not chewing things - unless they squeek - then they get shaken from side to side, banged on the floor, then chewed to death :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
LOL..better not let any mice near him then...lol..my brandy will be called a oap aswell she is 7 in october..lol...
rosze still a baby at 7mths..lol

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

We thought about getting Ben a nice doggie t-shirt at crufts for his birthday that said "I Love Kylie" but I desided not to, good job too as it turns out he doesn't like kylie. He barks all the way through her songs! :shock: He will get a new squeaky toy or something, better still I could just give him his own sock, but probably not the same as pinching them! :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Clair,

If he doesn't watch out and stop hidding in my washing pile, he will find himself pegged on the line and hung out to dry! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I'm sure I will be spoiling Corbie for his 1st birthday on 7th November :lol: I'm sure toys and special treats will be the order of the day!

My mum is spoiling him as she's coming up for a visit next month and said she was in Pets at Home on Friday buying him things :D

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
You could make him a liver cake :D

1lb liver (blitzed in food processor)
1lb wholemeal gluten free flour
3 eggs
loads of garlic (optional)

Nuke in microwave for 15 mins

Cake hardens and can be cut into squares and used as treats, will last in the fridge for 3/4days and can be frozen.

I use them as training treats, much better than shop bought ones :)

Kaqy & the Exelby Clan

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Oh yes I forgot to add this one

Sardine Cake

4 tins sardines or 1 large tin pilchards
put into a bowl and mash with a fork.
add 4 eggs, as much garlic or garlic powder as you like.
Stir in plain flour to make a consistency that will 'just' about drop off the spoon
put into a greased dish and cook for about 7 minutes in the microwave or cover with a greased paper and pop into the Aga until cooked.

Freezes really well and if you get the mixture
right it bounces too.......

& yes it does bounce LOL :lol:

Kay & the Exelby Clan

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Kay - you forgot the vital ingredient - a can of air freshener :D

Actually, I have a very poor sense of smell and don't mind it, but my kids complain so have to make it while they're out of the house :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts