Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to give us a chance because god knows there have been some crackers this year lets say:

Top THREE songs of the year - in order:

For me

1) The Man Who Can't be Moved - The Script
2) Viva La Vida - Coldplay
3) Rule the World - Take That

Fav Album of the Year

For Me

1) The Script / The Script

Fav Lyrics of the Year

(HARD to narrow down) but for me simply because I've been there several times but never had anyone sum it up in words quite so well...

" What am I supposed to do, when the best part of me was always you?
What am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK? " (The Script - Break Even).

Would love to know yours.

Di

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Do you know I am not a great music fan at all, but this year I seem to have become a secret Take That fan 8O . Don't ask me why I certainly wasn't the first time around :roll: .

Must be me age or something :wink: :D .

?

·
0 Posts
Not usually my sort of music but the most fitting and poignant lyrics this year have been from Snow Patrol/Leona Lewis "Run". The whole song and especially the chorus sums up everything I felt and wanted to say to Una as she left. :cry:

Light up, light up,
As if you have a choice.
Even if you cannot hear my voice,
I'll be right beside you dear.

Everytime it comes on the radio in the car, I now have to turn it off, as so far I have sobbed my way round the M25, up the M11, the M40, etc, etc....and it's getting downright dangerous now. :oops:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I have liked Take That this year (doing to see them for the 2nd time in May :D ), I think i am a lost cause stuck in the 80's and 90's though :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
I dont really listen to chart music that much, but here is one on the radio that is played alot that i love to sing and it goes something like

Are we human
Or are we Dancers

I thinks it by the killers or something.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't by any means have to be chart music. For example I *discovered* the original version of the Leona Lewis single 'Run' this year by Snow Patrol, very much not a chart single, and think its absolutely wonderful (whispers and far better and more subtle than leonas version...)

Jules you won't be the only one with tears during the chorus without a doubt.

Di

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Snow Patrol's 'Run' has been an all-time fave of mine - cry to it whoever sings it, those very special boys or Leona - especially in the car - often wonder Jules if fellow drivers can tell you're blubbing as they sit next to you at the traffic lights :?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Think this was released 2007 but I have played it to death in 2008 and can't wait till their new one comes out as the track 'You found me' is being used as the new Lost series trailer

'I never knew, I never knew that everything was falling through, that everyone I knew was waiting on a queue, to turn and run when all I needed was the truth'

There's another track on that album that has me in pieces but can't think for the life of me what it is called and the CD is in my Freelander which is currently poorly and has spent all Christmas lonely in a garage in Leicester :(

and Robyn, Be Mine - just love all the lyrics in that song

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Best song:- Agadoo
Best Lyrics - " Agadoo doo doo, push pineapple shake the tree, Agadoo doo doo push pineapple grind coffee..."

Sort of sums life up, I always think!! 8O

Becs (well what did you expect?!!!) and The Gang

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody Lyrics:

I've been roaming around
Always looking down at all I see
Painted faces, fill the places I can't reach

I love this song and cant get it ouf of my head but I have also loved...

Will Young - Changes (I saw him this month and he was fab, if anyone ever gets the chance then go you will not be dissapointed !!)

Leona Lewis - Footprints (I love this poem, and so love the song words)

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

And of course Take That - A fan both the 1st and 2nd time around !!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good choices everyone!

The artist who has most got on my nerves this year has been Duffy ... aggghhhh!!!

Thanks for contributing!
Di

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Why cant I think of one song/artist that I've listened to this year that is new that has stuck in my head as being good...??? And who are The Script and The Kings of Leon????

Oh god.... its happened hasnt it... I've got old??!!! AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
But you know all the words to Agadoo, don't you eh? Go on...admit it!!!

Never mind this modern nonsense Trina, the classics are timeless and have a PROPER tune!!!

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Becs I merely tolerate your contributions. If YOU think thats a quality song I comfort myself in the fact it talks a great more about you than me to any sane viewers.... ;-) If its a great choice for you, its a great choice to me (it just patently renders you certifyably insane...)

Di

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Aga..who??!!! No idea what you're talking about Becs!!!!!

Nothing like a few carols and a bit of Bing to keep you going... never mind all this new fangled rubbish!!!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seriously, Trine, I worry about you.... Do you ONLY drive about with Radio 4 on or your Neil Diamond CD up at an earsplitting volume???

You DO know The Script, I KNOW you do.... " Going back to the corner, where I first saw you, gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move....." etc etc.... You DO know them..... You must....

D x

1 - 20 of 27 Posts