Labradors Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skylar has very poorly ears :( and so we have to clean them and put drops in, which as you can imagine she absolutely hates - big time. This morning we just about managed to hold her enough to squirt the washing liquid in her ears and leave for a few minutes for it to do its magic.
Then gave them a clean and then it was time for drops. Sky was having none of it and legged it straight into Elphie's crate, which is too small for her, but she managed to get in it, and turn around. She sat staring at us with those big brown eyes as if to say 'ha you can't get me now!'.

Not silly these labs of ours!

Have taken a photo of her, which I will put up later. It was so funny - for us, not her... :D :D

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Awww bless...Lucy does the scarpering act whenever she knows she needs a bath! lol But this usually entails a serious bum tuck around the garden! :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Poor Sky!

Luna had filthy ears when we picked her up from the breeder and the vet gave us ear cleaning liquid. Luna HATED it with a passion! Just as we were thinking her ears were clean enough to stop she got so distressed that she was sick after we'd cleaned them :( . We did stop then!

I clean Luna's ears every week now with cotton buds and she has no problems with me doing this - she loves the last wiggle/scratch I do in her ear as I finish!!! I'm hoping she never needs the liquid again!

My aunt's old choc lab always had bad ears - hope that Skylar's clear up soon.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Daisy is prone to ear infections and she tends to run away after the first few cleanings. I now tend to shut the kitchen door so she can't escape!

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Oh bless - she really isn;t impressed is she????!!!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Awwww poor Skylar, have you tried Thornit for her ears, its a powder so may not feel so bad as liquid going in her ears.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
_Mary_ said:
Awwww poor Skylar, have you tried Thornit for her ears, its a powder so may not feel so bad as liquid going in her ears.
Thanks for the tip Mary I will look out for this. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts