Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, not sure where to post this but my husband got a message on his facebook page today about a yellow lab that has been found at Bridgend Industrial Estate. He is at present at GMF Motor Factors. He has a dogtag with a Swansea telephone number on it but the number is not recognised. I have shared his photo on my facebook page - Julie Ann Mellish - if anyone wants to see his picture.

Hope someone is able to help this little man home. :(

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
If he hasn't been reunited, the finder must (legally) notify the dog warden. If someone has lost a dog, the dog warden will be the person they're advised to call. If the warden isn't contactable out of hours, is there someone who can hold the dog safely overnight? If it's possible to get the dog to a vet, they can scan for a microchip (just in case, although if the ID tag is out of date, the chip details, if any, may well be old too).

You can also register the dog as 'found' on http://www.doglost.co.uk. It's a very well known site for people losing/finding dogs.

If the finder does seemingly find the owner themselves, they should please be careful that it is actually the owner. It wouldn't be the first time that someone has tried to claim a dog that isn't theirs. Indeed there was a recent case where someone's beloved dog went missing, was found by someone and then handed over to someone else who falsely claimed the dog was theirs. Thankfully the dog was found eventually, but after weeks of stress for the owner (and dog, I'm sure).

Well done to them for helping :) Hope the dog has a loving owner looking and they are soon reunited.

Hope that helps :flower:

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Oh well, after all that, I went to facebook and found the photo and the lady posted about three hours ago: 'His owner has been found'!

Great news, maybe my info above will be useful another time :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyway Angela - I have only just gone back onto my facebook and found the same thing. A lot of interesting info though Angela hopefully that can be used if anything like this happens again. Just glad the boy is back where he belongs.

:)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That is good information because people try to do something to help but it is hard to know what is the right thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts