Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to rehome a female lab or lab cross 1-5 years old. Must be spayed and likes other dogs and get on with cats. I have a female Collie/lab of my own and I live in a town in west Cumbria. I would be willing to travel upto a 150 miles at the most. I have been around labs and lab crosses since I was born now in my 30's, so I know what they are like and do love them. I am really looking for company for my dog.

I have tried North west Rescue but still waiting mind you it hasn't been that long only a few weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi ..

Hi Zebedee ,welcome to the forum :) . I don't know of any around here,but I will have a look on the internet to see what I can find in your area if it will help, if I find anything I think might be suitable, I will post you and give a link.

This is about the only thing I can think of to do LOL... sorry :).

Take care..

Hazel x Angel x and piper x

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Zebedee
Welcome to the site. Have you had a look here:
http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/homelesslabs.html
Not sure which one you've already tried, so will mention both. There's Labrador Retriever Rescue (North West) here:
http://www.helpalabrador.co.uk and
The Northwest Labrador Retriever Club has a rehoming section, contacts here:
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/nwlrc/index.html
you could also try www.dogpages.org.uk.

If you only contacted the rescue a few weeks ago, it is still early days. Rescue will be trying to match the dog to your particular circumstances, so the right dog for you could come up tomorrow, or it may take a little longer, either way, it's still early days.
Good luck in your search and thank you for giving a lab a new home. :)

G

·
Hello Zebedee (fellow Cumbrian :) )

I noticed on the home page of the website someone had put something in about an 8 yr old lab up in Dumfries - but there is nothing to click on to get further information.

Perhaps Julie might be able to shine some light on it.

Sam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for your help everyone hopefully I'll get a friend for my dog soon. It just seems to be difficult to find one in Cumbria.

Nice to hear from someone in Cumbria as well Hi! to where ever you are in Cumbria?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

Have you tried Irish Retriever Rescue? I know it sounds daft but they deal with labradors too - we are adopting a 13 week old black lab pup from them this weekend. They are lovely people and hopefully would be able to help you. And although they rescue the dogs from Ireland, they get them to the UK for adoption via ferry to Holyhead, and then volunteers drive the dogs as far towards their new homes as possible. Our little pup is being driven to Brisol for us to collect her there.

Their website is www.irishretrieverrescue-uk.co.uk and the last time I checked they had a 3 year old spayed choccy lab that needed a home on there. But do e-mail them to see what they have as most of the dogs they have don't get put on the website. They have been brilliant at finding us the perfect pup so I hope they can help you too.

Good luck in your search,

Lucy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Megsmum, I'll look into that.

Do you know what the choccy lab was called, as it didn't come up with all the piccys?

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

I just had a look at that link and the piccies came up for me?!!! The choccie lab is called Molly. Hope this is what you ment?

Cristina

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am now interested in homing male dogs, seeing as every time I show interest in a female someone has got there before me.

I don't want the male or female to be nervous or too boisterous (can be a bit boisterous) and I am willing to go down to 6 months old now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody at all. Can't find one up here at all I have phoned rescues up here and no Labs or Lab crosses. I didn't think it would be this difficult.

The dog would getting a loving home and 3 dog friends and two gardens it would be in heaven, plus have beach walks and the lake district on its doorstep.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Have you looked on www.dogpages.co.uk? Hope admin don't mind me posting the website on here but it's entirely dedicated to rescue dogs and they always seem to have so many - I can't think why you've had such a hard time finding a lab or lab x!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I have been on dogpages and I keep checking it out. Thanks for letting us know though.
The reason I am having problems getting one is every time I find one someone has got there just before me and they just don't seem to have any in the rescues in my area. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts