Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how often we should worm our labs?.

I had some powder from the vet at xmas which Rufus had, but i can't remember if it should be every 3 months or every 6.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Rufusmum,

How old is Rufus now?

We were advised to worm Bradley once a month until he was 6 months old, and then every 3 months. This link gives a little bit more info:

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/worms.html

What is the name of the powder the vet supplied?

I know drontal is supposed to be very good, available through your vets in tablet form.

Hope this helps.

Bye for now

Julie

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi... i 2 give frodo "drontol" once a month but the trainer recommends deworming every 15 days 8O ... so far its just once a month...

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
We use a holistic wormer for Corbie called Four Seasons - only costs just under £8 for a bottle which I order online and contains enough wormer for 4 dogs for one year. The vet was ok with it when i told her what I use.

We've had no problems with it and after my parents' dogs both had side effects from the chemical wormer their vet gave them (mum can't remember the name of it), I would much rather use the holistic version on Corbie. He has this every month.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Julie - Rufus is 6 months now, so it looks like i had better pop down to the pet store/vets and get some worming stuff tomorrow.

Cheers

Rach & Rufus

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi again Rach,

just wanted to say if you do find a pet store rather than go to your vets, beware of some 'worming' products (Bob mortimer to name one) as they do not get rid of all worms. (so i have been told anyway) :wink:

All the best,

Julie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts