Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the bottom burp type of wind, that thing which blows the trees around and apparently sends Indy completely mental!

I've noticed a bit of a correlation...whenever it's windy, she goes a bit daft, running around outside and not wanting to come in even though it's a meal time and doing things she never has before (today she wandered into the bedroom to wake up OH which she's allowed to do under supervision but will always leave immediately when told but today she promptly rolled onto her back and gave me "mad eyes" when told to leave the room :roll: )

Is it just Indy? Should we change her name to Windy? Or is this something which afflicts all dogs/animals/children...?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Windy Indy kind of works!

Shadow's exactly the same. It's a right royal pain in the butt as windy noghts are the ones I prefer to go lamping on :evil:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You go lamping? Is that like, collecting lanterns? Or is it to do with "lamping" people, i.e. punching their lights out :shock:

A

·
0 Posts
Rueben is exactly the same! He's having a hooly as I type! :lol: :roll:

Anita & Rueben
xXx

?

·
0 Posts
Milford_Cubicle said:
You go lamping? Is that like, collecting lanterns? Or is it to do with "lamping" people, i.e. punching their lights out :shock:
:lol: Lamping is Rabbiting in the dark using a lamp to spot them :wink: . I had visions of Steve wandering round Polperro looking for someone to Lump. :lol: :lol:

The wind doesn't effect my dogs but it makes my cats go bonkers. It used to make my horse really spooky too and we always had "interesting" rides on windy days. :|

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Luna goes a little loopy and hearing the noise of things moving makes her think people are constantly coming to the door to say hi!!

Children are HORRENDOUS when it is windy. I hate playground duty on windy days as it is 10 times more mad and eventful as usual!!! I think it gets the adrenaline rushing in those who easily succumb!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phew! At least I know I'm not alone in this boat.... :lol:

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
No you are not alone. I hate windy days. I take out a completely different dog, when its windy :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
YUP!! Me too!! What with the cat going crackers with his fur all the wrong way and 2 labs going dotty on the beach chasing seagulls the forecast seems to be VERY windy LOL

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Yep update!

Luna had the craziest of pm walks in gusting wind!

She decided that the wind was blowing my voice away so that she could run unhindered across the road and half a field to say hi to 2 dog friends she made this morning!!! :oops: 8O

Had a mad run, squat, mad run, squat, mad run, squat with dangly grass poo chasing her :oops: 8O

And then getting bowled over on road and trodden on by rather exuberant - but gorgeous! - young Ridgeback :roll:

Should've played in the garden instead! :lol:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Its been really windy here, its blowing the leaves from the tree;s and Alfie is running about like a loon trying to catch them ..lmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts