Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Bernie & Dave dragged me (kicking & screaming I might add!!) off to the game fair at Bowood. I then in turn dragged Vegas kicking & screaming with me... although to be fair, once we arrived at Bernie's place and he realised he was gonna get to hang out with his best mate Mitch the Terrorist all day long, he quit the screaming :)

We had a great day, the weather was very kind to us, we did loads of shopping and saw heaps of displays and presentations. We also bumped into AngelaC & her OH, desperately searching for the cheesecake stand... ;)

At one point in the afternoon we passed a ring just as they were starting a gundog demo, so we stopped to watch. After the demo, they asked for volunteers to come into the ring and do a free training session with them, so I thought we'd stick our oar in and see what they'd ask of us. Turns out that it was really basic stuff, but any excuse for me to get Gus retrieving items without his or my scent on it is a great bonus! Angela had her every faithful camera around her neck, so she snapped a few pics during the session, and I thought the pics were a wonderful opportunity for me to see what we're getting right (his heelwork was great!!) and what doesn't look so polished. Thanks again Angela for forwarding them to me!

Heelwork

Vegas the Sit-Stay-Superstar back in action :)

I don't know why, but the next 2 pics bring a lump to my throat... I think they just scream "teamwork" and I think they're beautiful!!

The trainer complimented us on his stylish retrieve!

After the session we had a wander about the bottom half of the show, and stopped at the pub for a refreshing beverage. We were heading back to the car when something inside my thick little head went **ping** and I called Lorraine (Vegas's breeder) for advice. And sure enough, I was right! We hot-tailed it back to the trainer's stand, and I introduced myself to Howard, and told him who Vegas was... and he introduced me to a gorgeous dark yellow dog behind me, who was Gus's Grandad!!

I was so made up with the fact we'd just met "family" that I had to get Apollo out of his pen and take a picture of the two lads side by side.

Those of you who have met Kiah will recognise Apollo straight away - he stamped himself all over her when he fathered her!

I love random coincidences like that!! I wonder if we'll ever bump into his dad's side of the family tree sometime? Fingers crossed!!

Ness

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Aww Ness fab piccies and I am so happy you and Gus met the stunning Apollo and Howard, he certainly made his stamp on Kiah I never get over how much they look alike lol. Gus looks the picture of health and the bond you both share is fantastic as I said earlier. Looks like we both got something out of your trip :lol: :wink:

Lorraine

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
Looks and sounds like you had a great day and what a star Vegas is. well done

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Glad you liked the photos Ness and how great for you to meet Grandpa!

Gus is such a good and handsome boy :love7:

It was a very traumatic cheesecake experience :cry: :lol:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
lovely pictures ness-what a star that boy of yours is!!! i can see why they bring a lump to your throat.

ruby is drooling over the keyboard!! :wink: she thinks he is "fit" too!! lol

love jan and rubes xxx

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Looks and sounds like a great day and love the pics of you & Gus :D

I certainly recognise Apollo, he is Dad to my parents' pup Solo! :wink:

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
_Nikki_ said:
I certainly recognise Apollo, he is Dad to my parents' pup Solo! :wink:
Oh yay! Solo is a relative!!! What's his breeding??
I have more pics of Apollo if you would like them?

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Stamps feet as so wanted to come :evil: :evil:

Sounds like i missed a great day out WTG Vegas your mum must be so proud . :D

Brilliant pics Angela :wink:

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
awww those are lovely lovely piccies. Handsome pants is that Gus.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Ness what is the name of the Gundog trainer ??
Think I might of met Apollo today but for the life of me cannot remember the name x

1 - 20 of 24 Posts