Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little Willow update, she is 7 months old today, it has gone really quickly.

She is now decrated at night and sleeps in her bed in our bedroom, it wasn't the plan, but at 6 months she was still howling at 5am so I gave up! it worked as night 1 of being in our room she slept through until 7 am. She generally sleeps through until I get up at 6am without disturbing us at all and in the holidays was happily sleeping until 7:30-8am. We had a storm a few nights ago and she just hopped onto the end of the bed at 5am and slept on my feet when it woke her. We were beginning to think she would NEVER sleep through the night and I was beginning to think feeling like a zombe was normal!

She passed the puppy training class before christmas so on friday will be moving up to work with the big kids in Pupoy improvers, she starts puppy gundog training on Saturday and is doing her KC bronze test in a few weeks.

I am worried I am spoken too soon but she is wonderful! She has been clean and dry in the house since 10 weeks old, she has NEVER chewed anything (YET!) except for her own antlers/chews/nylabones/kongs and is generally very easy going and mellow, sheis very gentle and is great with children and other animals (although very bouncy as to be expected) She thought our friends 18 month old was AMAZING as he left a trail of crumbs where ever he went.

I have started leaving her out of her crate for very short periods during the day but contained to the lounge (15 min tops) when I do things like pop to the corner shop or post a parcel and each time I have come back to her asleep on the sofa.

I don't think we could have got a better girl if we tried!

Now I have said that she is clearly going to turn into a delinquent and howl all night and eat the sofa.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a bit more of an update, we had our first session of puppy gundog training today, the focus was on heelwork, sitting facing the same direction as us, recall and focus. Willow tried really hard and we really enjoyed it. We have already been over the park and oracticed some of what they showed us and she has been asleep ever since!

and here are some recent photos (all off my phone so not the best quality)

In her new crate

being festive

Musical statues/islands at the training class christmas party (Willow is dressed as Mrs clause)

Willow's fancy dress costume for the competition

We won musical chairs at her training class christmas party!

Watching a pheasant in my parents garden

Her favorite position recently

Me? moulting?

Can I eat the fluff now?

Your sock? No sorry, I havent seen it

She LOVES socks

One day she may grow into her legs

After gundog training

My little lap dog!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankyou Jon, I think she really enjoyed it. She is aleays tired o a Saturday morning after dog training on a Friday night... but dog training on a Friday night AND gundog training on Saturday morning meant she slept all afternoon Saturday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts