Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I popped upstairs to the loo and left Mark with Willow, while I was upstairs she has devoured the christmas cake that wa cooling on the side. It had raisens grapes and saltanas in it and a good old splosh of rum (which was added before they were cooked)

Vets or wait and see? I am now worred sick about her!!!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Call the vets. Esp as she is little.
Hope all ok

·
Premium Member
17,438 Posts
Yep call the vets... as its just happened maybe they could make her throw it back up??

Fingers crossed for her xx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At emergency vets waiting for vet to arrive. 500g grapes 500g saltanas 250g currents = jab to make her sick... it is going to work out a very expensive cake.. that I didnt even get to eat!

·
Premium Member
17,438 Posts
Hope Mark has got some savings set aside ;-)

Poor Willow! Better out than in though!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hope Willow is ok. Our first lab ate a Christmas cake and apart from an upset stomach for a couple of days was fine. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I had this happen on Boxing Day one year, thought it was quiet where was Bumble, went looking and she skulked out of the dining room, and on the table was the Christmas cake with 1/4 of it missing! Boy did she have wind afterwards and a sorry expression for 48 hours.
I am sure Willow will be fine but thankfully you acted fast to get her help well done!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are back home. She had a sickness injection (which made her look very sorry for herself) and reproduced the 6 christmas cake slices.. still cake shaped! She swallowed them whole! Followed by an anti sickness injection (which kicked in in less than 5 min) and she was back to her normal waggy self. She seems to be feeling fine and running around. Scrambled egg for dinner then normal food tomorrow.
Marks bank balence is £180 lighter.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Mark's bank balance will eventually recover, it's Willow that's the most important and it sounds as though she's going to be just fine.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Glad she will be fine, maybe a few presents lighter but you certainly did the right thing. Pity you have a cake to make!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We will go without them christmas cake this year, I am not taking any more chances!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Glad she's OK now - what a worrying time!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Sorry about the loss of lots of ££££££ but you did the right thing, it wasn't worth taking a risk with Willow's life.
There is a chap who go's on Rushcliffe country park who has Dizzy the male black lab, who also ate a christmas cake a couple of years ago, it was really serious and touch and go whether Dizzy would survive.
What happened to Dizzy certainly put me on my toes.
So glad you acted so quickly and Willow is wagging her tail again.
Take care.
Gary and Toby.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts