Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Jenson is 3 and ever since we got a leather sofa a year ago he jumps on it and starts digging before he settles down , he doesn't do it every time just sometimes but I was wondering why he does it and how best to prevent him from wanting him to do it ?
Thanks Sarah.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Henry does that with one of our sofa's. He will quite often push all the cushions and the throw onto the floor before settling down. I should have stuck with the 'keep off the sofa' rule :)

I guess they are just trying to get comfy.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think it's their way of getting comfy... getting rid of lumps and bumps! Cooper gets a very sharp NO! if he tries to do it on the sofa and if that doesn't work, he's told to get OFF! The sofa is only for lying down nicely and quietly. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
I'm sure I researched this a bit years back because Luna likes a dig. I've got it in my head that its what a dog will naturally do to check that there are no creepy crawlers in the area before they settle so they'll get no nasty bites or stings. It can also be just to get comfy. Tucker has dug a couple of times-probably mimicing Loon!-but tends to circle instead which does the same job in a different way.

I will always buy sofas that withstand digging! Heavy fabric seems to be holding up :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Both mine do it now and again, in the back of the car, in their beds, on the sofa :roll: cushions and covers all ruffled up, then they settle down.

I just put it down to them getting comfy, but they do get told NO when they do it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts