Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time we go for a walk and another dog comes over i can guarantee you that if its a male that hasn't been 'done' it will hump Diesel. :evil:
Im getting a bit annoyed with it now.
Diesel doesn't seam to bothered, i think he likes it. He just stands there while the other is climbing on top of him. :roll:
He is a very submissive dog.
Why does this happen?
Is it a dominance thing? It it because Diesel had been 'done'?
Or it is just that he has a particulary nice bottom? :wink:

Any suggestions on how or if i can stop it?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thanks for that. There are some interesting points in this that i didn't know. :D

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
...because he's such a handsome fella :p

Basil gets humped a lot too and for a long long while was too mild mannered to do anything.
If I had my time again I would have intervened quicker and told the other dog to shove off....I know some disagree with this but I think he was totally unsure if it was ok to grumble and so didn't and I finally started intervening when a persistant neighbours GR really started to make him squirm.
Eventually at about 2 1/2 he got the guts to stand up for himself and now gives the quickest, loudest grumble to any dog that tries....but you'd be amazed how many people think it's him that's 'nasty' without appreciating the other dog has humping issues.
He (and I) have also learnt to pre-empt the humping by spotting the posturing and positioning of the other dog and so we usually make a quick exit at this point where we can :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts