Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night around 2 AM we had a squall hitting our home with dozens of lightning bolts and thunders every minute, very strong gusts, a deluge, big branches swaying etc.

My last dog, an otherwise alpha female, was TERRIFIED by thunder and sensed storms at least one hour before I could perceive any disturbance.

So last night I got up from bed and went in the living room where Baymax sleep sure I'd find him at least worried but otherwise he was his usual relaxed self so I patted him for a little while then went back to bed.

Is this different behaviour based on past experiences or individual attitude?

·
Administrator
21,598 Posts
I think individual attitude. Same with fireworks. Of course they get a lot from us, and if we seem worried then so are they. I remember my first dog was terrified of thunder, yet at Christmas he was not the slightest by worried about Christmas crackers, in fact he would hold one for you to pull.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well for sure my good Iena (a large beautiful mix) was a brave dog in all other dimensions, she led a pack of four when I lived in the country and I got her at less than two months saving her from an idiot that wanted to DROWN the whole litter. So unless she got scared when very very small for sure she didn't get that fear from me, so I'd posit it was more as you say her own attitude and yes I can confirm she wasn't scared of the hunter's gun shooting around our house. Only thunders .... go guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts