Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Our 2yr old lab loves balls, has always had them and other toys, which he plays with intermittently. He was bought a new ball (with a squeak, which we don’t normally get) and he is obsessed with it, he won’t settle, he carries this blooming ball around everywhere and he cries and whimpers a great deal of the time with it in his mouth. He is happy enough, he will let you touch and move the ball but if I take it away he looks for it and will not give up. He had never been like this with any other toy. He is currently asleep with it tucked under his chin ( he is shattered after not settling properly). Advice please, do I take it away or what?...

·
Administrator
21,138 Posts
Thats up to you. Many years ago I brought one of mine a squeaky toy. Never again! She drove me crazy walking around squeaking it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John
The thing is he doesn’t squeaky it, well only very rarely and not by biting it but by pressing it with his nose!

·
Administrator
21,138 Posts
Labradors are gundogs. It's the love of carrying things which over the ages we have used to our advantage for them to bring us shot game. They just love carrying things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts