Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noticed that a lot of people here feed Skinners to their dogs. Rueben is currently on Eukanuba which does suit him but is getting harder and harder to find. At the moment the only place that sells it is our local PAH and even then it is hit and miss whether they've got it in or not.

Have looked at several websites and there seems so many to choose from I'm really not sure what the best one would be for him. There's field and trial crunchy, field and trial museli, field and trial maintenance, ruff and ready, the list goes on!! :roll: :lol:

I'd be grateful for any advice as to which would be the best one for him, he is 7 months old. I realise I have to change him over gradually and as we've just started a new bag of Eukanba, thought now would be a good time to look into it.

Thanks in advance.

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi,

I'm going to change Truffle onto Field and Trial duck and rice, when he goes onto adult food - lots of people on here have suggested it as a good adult food. If yu email them they will send you some samples (about enough for 2 meals) so you can see/try them - I used them as treats to see which ones Truffle liked best!

Hope this helps

Cat

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
We swapped Indy onto F&T Duck & Rice as it's hypoallergenic and she's always been a bit itchy scratchy! It suits her and she's been on it for around 6 months now. I might consider a bag of Salmon & Rice for her next time I'm feeling flush :wink:

The Duck is £19.50 and the Salmon around £28 from my local independent pet shop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So duck and rice seems popular so far!

Can I be really cheeky and ask where you all buy it from? Is it online or can you get it locally? I've never seen it in any pet shops around here.

Thanks again.

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
i feed my 2 on field and trial duck and rice. I also feed them on maintenance if i can't get hold of the duck.
I wouldn't use the crunchy as its slightly higher protein and can put weight on the dog - think its meant for dogs who are working and hence need more va va voom!
Another food similar to skinners which i know several people feed is chudleys and it appears more places stock this.
Skinners can be ordered on line - sea pets is v good and believe free delivery if 2 bags ordered at once. Alternatively check local feed and tack store for stockists or approach local independent pet stores who will order it for you. E mail skinners who can send you list of stockists. :) :)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
i feed my 2 on field and trial duck and rice. I also feed them on maintenance if i can't get hold of the duck.
I wouldn't use the crunchy as its slightly higher protein and can put weight on the dog - think its meant for dogs who are working and hence need more va va voom!
Another food similar to skinners which i know several people feed is chudleys and it appears more places stock this.
Skinners can be ordered on line - sea pets is v good and believe free delivery if 2 bags ordered at once. Alternatively check local feed and tack store for stockists or approach local independent pet stores who will order it for you. E mail skinners who can send you list of stockists. :) :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi,

I buy mine online from VetUK, about £19 for duck and rice, £23 for salmon and rice. You get free deliver over £39, so I usually add some other things to the order and buy 2 bags! It's only every taken 2 days to arrive. As for shops, it seems to be more horse feed places that sell it, but if you email Skinners they will send you a list of stockists in your area. I have to say I've found them to be really helpful and quick when contacted.

Cat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely looks like duck and rice then!!

Seapets website has it for £17.75 for a 15kg bag. Considering the Eukanuba we're buying at the moment is about £15 for a 3kg bag that's a huge saving! OH will be pleased :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing he's ok to go on to this at 7 months and he doesn't need to be on junior or anything?

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Harry and Hollie are on Skinners F&T Maintenance, they have been on Salmon & Rice (whilst trying to sort out Perro's tummy troubles) but the Maintenance is just as good for them. :D

As others, I get mine from a local agricultural feed store.

Your pup is old enough to go onto adult food now.

:D

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I feed Reuben (my 7 month old) and the other two on mainly F & T Salmon, but if they have no got any, any of the others as long as its over 23% protein, as I need a high one so they dont lose weight.

Get mine from any of the Country Farmers or Mole Valley Stores, also think PAH sell it, plus all the local pet shops seem to store it.

Hope he does well on it. I switchen my Reuben over onto Skinners Adult about a month ago, and is doing really well on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts