Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gorgeous boy is with Freshfields Animal Rescue in Liverpool. I have been in touch with the rescue and they are very happy for me to post about him here for them. If you are interested in adopting Ozzy, please contact Freshfields directly. You can find the contact details for the Liverpool centre, here: http://www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk/contact/contact_us

Isn't he lovely?

From his facebook listing (although the link is broken so I've removed that):

EXPERIENCED HOME NEEDED!
Ozzy - 4 year old male Labrador

Ozzy first came to the rescue back in December 2011 as a stray who was sadly never claimed.
Being such a handsome and friendly boy, it was no surprise that Ozzy quickly found a new home. However after 18 months his new owners contacted us to say he had bitten someone and so he was subsequently returned to us, where he has stayed ever since.
Ozzy is an absolute hit with the staff and dog walkers alike! He is a very happy boy with a big smile and wagging tail, who loves to play.
Whilst in our care Ozzy has shown himself to be well behaved, very clean, playful and good on his lead. He is a bit of a plodder, but has an entertaining playful side, and he just loves to sunbathe!

However there have been times where Ozzy has shown unpredictable behaviour and therefore he requires an adult only home, with previous dog experience.
Whilst at the rescue Ozzy has displayed behaviour that suggests he doesn't like other dogs, so any potential new owner needs to be sensible about this. He does not react aggressively and out of control when he sees another dog out on walks but he does not like it if they approach him to say hello!
Ozzy will make a wonderful friend for a sensible and experienced dog owner!

You can read more about Ozzy here:
http://www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk/animals/detail/ozzy

Good luck, gorgeous boy. There IS a wonderful home out there for you.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
*Thud*. I do so hope that someone will be able to see beyond Ozzy's misdemeanour and offer him the future he deserves. He's such a gorgeous boy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
omg heart breaking it reminds me of my old boy i lost last year ...why is the world so cruel to these beautiful animals ...good luck beautiful you will get that forever home soon .

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Now that is a gorgeous dog!

Unfortunately I don't think he'd be accepting of Judy nor her of him
Every time I see these fellas I get the old ping ping ping in me chest

Surely someone out there can take this dazzler?

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's gorgeous isn't he? Yes, DJGoody, Ozzy is looking for a foreverhome where he's the only dog, but there are plenty of dogs who would be happy to live with another :) By the way, if you see this, could you email me at f @ oldies.org.uk (without the spaces) please? Nothing to worry about :)

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ozzie is still waiting for his forever home. From reading his page on the rescue's site, it seems he would best suit a single man in his 50s. I'm neither, but there must be someone special out there for this lovely boy.

There's a video of Ozzie. He looks as though he'd be a wonderful friend for the right person.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Oh Christ I'd take him tomorrow but with us having Judy I don't think it'd be right

I'm now gearing up for new pup around next April.... unusually for me as I very rarely methodically plan things! !

·
Registered
674 Posts
Oh look at that waggy tail - he's so excited bless him. These breaK my hear and I know this post is doing him absoluteley no good at all because I am neither single , male, nor in my 50's lol and Chewy doesn't leave other dogs alone... poor mate I bet someone will take him soon.

x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts