Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our two sleep in our bedroom and they taken over the bed .when we just had suzy she slept downstairs but since the arrival on macy she has become very jealous in someways and now what ever the puppy gets she wants butim pleased to say toliet trainning was short and sweet macy is now fully toliet trained thanks to szuy because she picked up on the older dog going out side for her bussiness and she has ever since yelped for the toliet
any way where do all your dogs sleep ?
is my wife normal for allowing them to sleep upstairs ?
cant say im happy about it but since i work nights supose i cant do much about it

·
Registered
286 Posts
bedtime

Jack may start off on the bed with us then move out to the couch in the living room though I have tripped over him laying next to my side of the bed in the middle of the night. Sometimes he sneaks up on the bed during the night. However, the moment Wife gets out of bed he is up on laying on her pillow.

Misty can't climb up on the bed anymore without help, and even then she does not stay long. She may sleep on a dogbed next to my side of the bed or on the floor in the doorway where she can keep track of things.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kane sleeps in the kitchen. He is only 13 weeks old & there is nothing within reach that will do him any harm & he can cause as much mayhem as he likes without getting in trouble.

Even when he is older he will probably be sleeping downstairs as my other half suffers from asthma & I can't imagine her letting the wee man upstairs. 8O

·
Registered
43 Posts
My YF, Hunter starts on my side of the bed. When she hears me coming she gets off & goes to the couch. My BM, Shadow sleeps on a doggie bed at the foot of our bed. Sometimes he will join us in bed. He always gets in bed after the wife gets up. He lays with his head across my right shoulder. He stays there until I get up. Our BC sleeps in a crate beside the bed or under one of the computer desks. 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Paddy sleeps on his fireside bed, Flynn sleeps on the small couch in the living room, Seamus (say Shay-mus) sleeps in my bed on my left side.

The beagles also sleep with me, snugged deep under the blankets, and the border collie takes the wicker sleeping couch at the foot of the bed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think they should sleep in the same room. Dogs are pack animals by their nature and unless you have two (or more) dogs, it's not fair to isolate them at night. Amy spends the night on her own bed in our room, but wanders into the kids' rooms during the night at some point.

I like having a dog around - I feel safer knowing she's listening to what's going on outside!

J

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Bradley sleeps in his bed which is right next to ours. He tries to jump up on the bed (as is higher up as we travelling on our motorhome at the moment) however at the moment cannot reach us! It won't be long though before he can... :D :D :D Best tell hubby to move up and make room for one more! lol

G

·
0 Posts
If i had my own way

If i had my own way i would let my labbies sleep on my bed but as i live at home my mum said no due to the amount of dog hairs she will have to clean up!!!LOL anyway they both sleep in the kitchen with the heating on so its all warm and cosy!!! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
When we first got Lucy she would only sleep on the back doorstep, didn't want the nice basket we bought but now she's outgrown the step she has taken to sleeping on the coffee table or on the bottom shelf in the spare room( if I'm in there) She wont go on beds or chairs at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
LOL at Lucy sleeping on the coffee table! Can we see a picture of this???

Jake has two beds: a day bed next to my desk in the office (I work from home) and his "real" bed in the sitting room. He's not allowed upstairs for a very practical reason: we have family members who are allergic to dogs and when they come to stay they need somewhere to sleep that's totally free from dog hair!

There's also the reason that he's not the quietest sleeper in the world: he snores, growls, whiffles and howls in his sleep. And then he wakes up and rolls around on his back making "Aawww I'm having a really good scratch" noises. And then there's the smells....

Jake does come upstairs if there's a thunder storm. He's absolutely petrified of thunder and will try to get into bed with us if there's a storm - he's allowed to sleep in our room but not in our bed.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Cool photo Marty_J - Excellent stuff!

It's really funny reading about where everyones labs sleep...they've got some good little places havent they!

Last night was funny, we checked into a chalet for the night (we travelling in our motorhome, looking to buy a chalet so testing them out! www.globe-hopping.com our website) and Bradley got in bed with us for the first time! He slept right in the middle and snored his head of so LOUDLY all through the night..lol. Bless him, and he didnt do his early morning wake up call to us, he slept til 8am!

Thing is- neither me nor my hubby got any sleep...i think it'll be a one of!

Besides, he's getting big - we're gonna have to get a larger motorhome soon, it's already big, but Brad's taking over!!! lol. Good job we got the big outdoors to roam about it 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Coco has two beds, one in the front room which consists of a sheepskin coat and her proper bed which she sleeps in during the night.
Whichever bed she is in the most comfortable position for her is on her back, nine times out of ten with her legs in the air!

Proper little lady!! :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi 1st message ive posted yasmin sleeps everywhere but at night she sleeps in the kitchen,she has only been here a week so that could change as time goes on. :D :D :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi yasminsmom,

Welcome. Kane is the same at the moment but I am hoping eventually that he will be allowed upstairs. Andrea isn't keen & says that it will affect her asthma. Will keep working on her.

How old is Yasmin? What colour? Have you thought about putting an introduction on the site?

Good to have you with us, hopefully hear from you soon 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi rubbersoul is my daughter and has introduced yasmin she is a 13month old black lab,she is a brood bitch from the guide dog breeding programme.She has only been with us a week and she is part of the family now,she is very well behaved and a very happy lab. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Yasminsmom ,lovely to hear of you have a aquired this black lab
hope everything goes well
there fanstatic fun hope you enjoy walking the dog and the affection the dog will give you aswell
:p :p :p :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
hi rubbersoul is my daughter and has introduced yasmin she is a 13month old black lab,she is a brood bitch from the guide dog breeding programme.She has only been with us a week and she is part of the family now,she is very well behaved and a very happy lab.
Sorry, never realised. Just checked out the intro & the guide dog website. I hope Yasmin is settling in nicely. Have you posted any pix in the gallery yet? 8)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wherever he wants! :lol:

He sleeps in my bed with me and my husband! :) We have a queen size bed ... time to talk about a king size bed![/img]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts