Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have attached a poll to find out where you buy your Lab's food - to enable us to discover the most popular place. If you have any comments regarding where you buy their food, please tell us. :)

There is a thread in the diet and nutrition forum already, asking 'What Do You Feed Your Lab?' and this can be viewed by clicking here:

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-6.html

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I order Corbie's food from http://www.csjk9.com/feed/autarky.html and they always deliver within 4 days.

We've kept him on the same food that his breeder was feeding him - Autarky Puppy/Junior - which isn't widely available in shops, especially in Scotland. There are a couple of suppliers within a 20 mile radius of us, but it is so easy to order online, just like i do most of the time with my grocery shopping! :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I like to support the lady who runs a small animal feed store at the livery yard where we keep our horse ... except for when "Pets at Home" have a 3 for the price of 2 offer on .. what price loyalty eh? :lol:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Internet - for the brand I feed it would be an hour round trip to the nearest supplier. Buying over the internet I get a 15kg sack delivered to my door within a couple of days of the order. Can't fault it. :)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
We have a great pet shop here in Hardwick (just outside Cambridge) called 'PetPaks'. We normally get Smudge's food from there because they sell the large sacks.

We still feed him Bakers Complete (which his breeder started him on).

His food shopping is a little treat for us all really because we go out on a Sunday afternoon, walk Smudge down to the shop (about 10 minutes) and then walk back again. We are allowed to take him in to the shop but we haven't tried that yet (Chris waits outside!) because he's so excitable! I want to take him in but Chris is a bit apprehensive! I think the staff would love to see him because of course I've told them all about him!

Of course, whilst we're buying his food, I can never resist buying him another toy - our floor is covered with them!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
498 Posts
We also buy Brady's food at our local pet shop - we are quite limited living on an island, but would prefer to buy from a local supplier anyway. The lady who owns the pet shop has been really helpful, we also buy big sacks of food which need to be ordered but always arrive within a couple of days.

Nicola - I have the same problem as you, compulsive toy buying! :lol: They always have a great range of noisy and colourful toys. The owners kids also help out in the shop, and after one of my visits her little boy said to me, "Wow, you must really love your dog!"

Well, he got that right! :D

G

·
There is a wholesale pet supplies shop about 5 miles outside of town which I go to/or get them to deliver. Its called Blendbetter.

Corrie has Winalot dog meat and Winalot dog biscuit, but I get the dented tins as they are so much cheaper and also I get the Terrier Digestive Biscuit which believe it or not comes off the same factory lines and Winalot biscuit, the same stuff but alot cheaper and in a different packaging!

Nicola I know what you mean about toys - Corrie has far too many too, infact tonight I have been outside and picked three cuddly toys up off the lawn, needless to say they are soaking wet and currently drying out! I draw the line at squeaky toys though - if any of those come in the house a pen gets put to the squeak!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
We buy Max's food direct from the vet. He is on Royal Canin and I think it is only available from them... if anyone knows if I can get it from a stockist then please let me know as I have to order his food 2 weeks in advance as they are always getting the orders wrong, last week they sent adult food instead of puppy... luckily I had a spare bag.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Karen said:
I order Corbie's food from http://www.csjk9.com/feed/autarky.html and they always deliver within 4 days.
Just started to do the same here for Ruth - my first order got lost but is now due today. They were so apologetic and helpful and gave me some freebies etc, and answered all my daft email questions almost instantly so I am not at all put off. Now just have to see if Ruth likes it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts