Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sigh...she's getting bigger :(

I was backing up my laptop files last week and I found this little vid of teeny Nellie pup at 9 weeks learning heel. (don't think i've posted this before)
It made me a little teary almost.
<embed src="http://www.onetruemedia.com/share_view_player?p=96c47e62d31232c8afb462" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="408" height="382" wmode="transparent" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" flashvars="&p=96c47e62d31232c8afb462&skin_id=701&host=http://www.onetruemedia.com" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
and here she is yesterday at 22 weeks....we are just starting to come out of the gangly phase (or the phuglies as we call them) and she is growing into her ears and nose now....

She is now exactly the same age as when we flew Basil abroad, yet so different. She is such a softy, a bold action girl when out but a feet hugger at home. Her ears go back and she visibly goes gooey at just the prospect of a stroke or cuddle :lol:
The last of her big teeth have cut through at the back now, her gums are still sore and her breath smells horrid as they are all bloody - I caught Basil playing nurse yesterday - Nellie sitting on the mat saying 'aaargh' dentist style while Basil gave her gums a good wash clean 8O
She is still an easy uncomplicated pup, I'm thinking of being brave and de-crating as she hasn't chewed anything. Even a week in kennels and all bed and bedding is un-gnawed.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
She's looking gorgeous Sarah and very much a 'girl' in looks I'd say :D . She's obviously very happy and content with her lot too :wink:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
oh wow look at the size of her now.

they do grow far to quickly, before you know it you have a fully grown doggy in front of you.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Nellie, Pickle, Mouse...all perfect pups and now becoming perfect young adolescents. I'm soooooooooo jealous!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Sarah as I said when you collected her, she is one seriously gorgeous pup. So good here with us for 5 months old, quiet, didnt chew, sat when told, left food until she was told she could have it, walked beautifully on the lead, came back when called, always had something in her mouth, just loves to please......perfect pup if you ask me.

Now if Lyndaloo reads this we have an agreement if I remember rightly to puppy swop one day :lol: :lol: :lol: I could have easily taken this pup off of Sarah, I did ask her if she could stay. :lol: She is a credit to you Sarah and to her breeder too.

Trace x

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone :) She has slotted into our life so easily....so much so that OH said he'd have no problems with adding a few more in time to come - he offered that up, I didn't even ask.
He actually said we could have another 10 but i won't hold him to that bit :lol:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Oh Sarah she is a real litle star - but mu goodness she is growing fast 8O

We're on holidays this week if you fancy a walk?

x

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will PM you now :)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Lovely video Sarah, loved Basil in it though, deciding to lie down as nellie working with mum may take some time :lol:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
That video is lovely of her walking to heel. What a clever girl. She is gorgeous Sarah. :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It's scary how fast they grow but she is looking gorgeous. I am going to have to show Oscar the video of Nellie walking to heal with a stern lecture on immitating her!

Norma

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
loved Basil in it though, deciding to lie down as nellie working with mum may take some time
I'm really quite proud of how basil has adjusted to me handling another dog, with fosters I've always taken them out to train separately but that's just not practical forever is it?
It's one thing waiting your turn at a class while other dogs do things but it's another step on for them to get used to Mum training another dog and not being involved.
He's done really well at staying put while I do little bits with nellie and it's helped that we previously said 'Basil sit' not just 'sit' so he understands to do the commands that follow his name and not the ones that follow 'Nellie'
Similarly Nellie is quite good at staying with me doing a little heelwork or retrieve with Basil but then she's had that from day 1.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nellie

Gorgeous Puppy!! And Soooooo well behaved ....of course this must come from Dad....... :wink: :wink:

She look so much like my puppy (her half sister by Reiver) who is 13 weeks old, she too is very calm in fact I have to wake her up at puppy class...bless!!

Keep the updates coming so nice to see them all.

x x
Proud Grandma
Jo and Dad Reivee Bags

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
tjlab said:
Now if Lyndaloo reads this we have an agreement if I remember rightly to puppy swop one day :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trace x
That's right Trace (must remember not to mention what a hooligan Martha is :lol: )

1 - 20 of 21 Posts