Labradors Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi there yes my husband works in horbury, ive lived here all my life! We are lucky as we live next to fields, and tilly can run like a nutter, it is very hilly though!! Smudge is gorgeous how old is he?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Tilly's Mum!

Thank you for your kind comment - we think he's gorgeous too but we're a bit biased!

Just sneaked a peek at Tilly's piccies - she's beautiful! I love the one with the Yoghurt pot - obviously a healthy young lady with the old Muller Light!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi thanks for the nice comments about my baby! ive just added a few more!! She does like her yogurt!! well come to think of it she likes anything!!!

Shes a good dog, i cant complain, she just an attention seeker!! Hoes smudge doing?

·
Registered
173 Posts
We're in Stafford. Cannock Chase is a superb place to take the dogs. It's a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with loads of trails through the heaths and woods. There's also a spring with a nice pool and a stream perfect for the pups to stomp around in - Labby heaven! :D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi again Tilly's Mum!

Smudge is doing great thanks - very mischievous but loveable of course! He is now into everything but makes us laugh and enriches our lives more than we could have ever hoped for.

At the moment he is fast asleep on the sofa bless 'im!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
353 Posts
We live near to King's Lynn, Norfolk. Have only been there for a few months.

I live in a village where there are lovely walks but can't go too far at the moment as he is only 4 months. He gets plently of exercise running around our fields.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi smudges mum and dad, hes gorgeous, i know what you mean, it doesnt matter what they do you just love them to bits, the minute you tell them off and they give you them eyes, your heart just mels doesnt it!!

I think Tilly just starting her first season, have to keep our eye on her when she in the garden!!! we are going to get her spayed after her first season has past.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Reading through this thread about were people take their labs for walks makes my feet itch to return to England for another holiday, taking our lab this time - ahhh, one day!
I live in a country town in New South Wales, Australia. My lab is 8 1/2 months old and his first walk was around the block, which takes me 5 mins but Lucky was only about 8 weeks at the time and it took an hour!!
I live on 2 acres which Lucky loves to run about in but in our area we have a number of playing fields; parks; enclosed dog runs; where I take Lucky for variation.
It's Australia Day today (public holiday), so will take Lucky to a local village where celebrations are happening. :p

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Poppy - love the piccie of you on your site with the poppies - and the ice cream! Sorry to hear about your arthritis but glad you have found some relief from it.

Tilly's Mum - Smudge is now asking to go out in the garden all the time! We know he doesn't need the toilet half the time, just wants to sniff and play around all the time!

To everyone else - a big hello from Nicola, Chris & Smudge! Hope everyone and their lovely labs are doing great!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello Everyone

We are in Galashiels in the Scottish Borders. we have great walks all around us for Jess and plenty of rivers for her to swim in.

Gordon

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Gordon,

I'm also in Scotland - in a village a few miles from Kinross. Scotland's a great country for our labs to explore, and we have a river near the house and lots of walks on the doorstep!

Can't wait until Corbie is old enough to be able to come on long hikes with us into the hills and the wilderness :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Karen

We had Jess out by the river today and a lady came with three older working male Labs. It was funny to see jess running around with a stick in front of them trying to get their attention and it was good to see such well behaved dogs, just wish ours was like that :p

My Grandad is from Milnathort in Kinross it's been years since i've been through that way.

Gordon

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I'm laughing at the thought of Jess teasing her elders!! :lol:

We've been living here for just over a year now and love the area - we moved up from a place near Southampton (my fiance is Scottish). We always saw labs when we were out on our walks, so I know Corbie will be able to pull me up the hills in a year or so's time! :lol:

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Hershey, me and my Husband live in Hayes, middlesex we have a lovely wood that Hershey loves to walk around in and get very muddy :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi
I used to know Hayes years ago where are the woods you go to. I expect it has changed now. Regards Meg

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi paddylab
Hi
I live on the Wirral, which is brilliant for coastal walks with nice soft sand in most areas ie West Kirby and Thursaston.
i too live on the wirral moreton aera we walk our dogs along the beaches moreton into leasowe newbrighton or we walk the oppposite way moreton westkirby hoylake or in summer we will be taking them to thurstan...but mostly its beach walks :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hiya

Jess and Me are from just outside of Brighton in Sussex, and she is finally aloud out 2morrow, so will let u know if we come across any nice walks, as we have the downs just behind us and the beach just infront.

emm cant wait for the summer

Laura

41 - 60 of 62 Posts