Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me how long a chocolate labradors season lasts after the bleeding has stoped. she is 11 months old and is getting annoyed at being kept on a lead. your help in this is greatly apprieciated.

Thank you David Keeling

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
The first sign of a season is bleeding from the vulva. Approximately one week after bleeding has started it will stop and it is at this time that the bitch will be at her most fertile and receptive to male dogs. A season will usually last about 2 - 3 weeks but can go on longer.

i got that from a website http://www.forestvets.com/faq_dogspey.html

it is just basic questions really brandy is normally in season for 4 weeks from the first start of bleeding ..

also have you noticed any male dogs around at the time of her season? when brandy is nearing her end of season all the dogs seems to disappear..lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davidk said:
can anyone tell me how long a chocolate labradors season lasts after the bleeding has stoped. she is 11 months old and is getting annoyed at being kept on a lead. your help in this is greatly apprieciated.

Thank you David Keeling
thanks claire it has been about 4 weeks now since bleeding stopped. but i readsomewhere that her teats were supposed to dissapear again. this they havn't and am starting to think we've had an accident somewhere

·
Registered
71 Posts
Seasons

Hi,

Hopefully you haven't had an accident, can you think of a time when this could have happened? If so, I would consult the vet, as she is too young, in my opinion, to be having a litter. It could be that she is having a phantom pregnancy.

Debbie

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi David,

Just wondered how your lab is doing today?

Hope everything is ok for you & her. Drop us a line when you get chance.

Best Wishes

Julie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts