Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I thought it would be interesting to find out what you labs favourite treat is. :D

With Bradley, eversince he was tiny, we have always allowed him to 'lick' the inside of our finished yoghurt pots (normally natural flavour or something plain) and the look on his face when he does this is so funny to watch! He even closes his eyes whilst licking, such satisfaction and not in the least bit fattening! :p

Carrots are his other favourite, and when he is given a whole carrot to munch on - the look on his face says it all!

What's your labs favourite treat?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
to 'lick' the inside of our finished yoghurt pots
snap - my black lab loves this too - mine doesn't close his eyes, but he almost goes cross eyed trying to concentrate on getting the last bit out. :D

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max goes nuts for a little bit of cheese. he still hasn't realised that i put his worming tablets in it. sneaky i know.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Anything edible :lol: Corbie loves his James Wellbeloved Turkey Crackerjacks I bought him recently - I'm sure they give him wind though ... so he only gets those if he's been really good! :lol:

I'm surprised Max doesn't just eat the cheese and spit out the worming tablets! One of my parents dogs had one in his mouth which mum thought he had swallowed as he went out in the garden, did his business came back into the kitchen and then spat it out on the floor having had it in his mouth the entire time! Luckily Corbie has a liquid wormer so we just put it on a piece of bread and he eats it no problem :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Treats

Hi Folks

Jess also loves licking the inside of the yoghurt pot it is funny the face she pulls when she is trying to get to the very bottom of the pot. The thing she loves the most though is smoked sausage though cut into thin slices then quartered again.

She'll do anything when i have a bag of smoked sausage in my pocket.
:p

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just been sorting out some photos, and found this one of Brad and his heavenly treat - licking out the yoghurt pot! Who says these healthy yoghurts don't taste as nice as the choccie ones :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Looks like Bradley loves his yoghurt! Does he end up with a white moustach?!

Corbie has a thing about ice cubes - runs straight into the kitchen when he hears the freezer draw open! I've started to freeze some gravy cubes for him, which he loves!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Ben loves anything and everything from worms in the garden to the insides of your shoes! :lol:
His favorite is grapes and a whole apple. He plays with the grapes pouncing on them for 10 minutes before eating them. And i have to give him the apple whole as it is more of a challenge than in pieces and he loves it. :lol:

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
669 Posts
Oh I'd have to agree on the yoghurt pots - actually anything that comes in a container that they can see if they can squeeze their whole faces in to get at the last drop.

With two I have managed to master the 'your turn' command. I don't always have two yoghurt pots so they have to take turns to have a taste! Quite a funny sight!

·
Registered
364 Posts
yep, Harvey also loves the yoghurt pots and cheese is another big favourite of his. As far as bought treats go he loves Burn's Ocean Bites, which are basically pieces of dried fish skin .. which is all to evident by his breath after he eats them! :roll:

Had to give him worming tablets today so decided to try coating them with salmon paste ... don't know why I bothered as the paste fell off one but he wolfed it down regardless! :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Little scraps of leftover roast chicken for Lottie, whereas Ruthie loves her dried liver treats. As for worming tablets, I also do a bit of trickery... Lottie is used to having three or four doggie choc drops thrown for her to catch, one after the other, and a while ago I became convinced they don't touch the sides of her throat before they're gone - sure enough when I threw a worming tablet in place of the third choc drop, down it went. I don't think she even noticed. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Love those piccies of Bradley - really made me smile!

Smudge likes the yoghurt pots too, cheese and bowls of tea. He only gets the tea at the weekend though as it makes him wee a lot!

I've picked up some good tips from this thread. Think I'll try Smudge with carrots (I can't stand them but it's good to try and get him to be healthy!) and the gravy ice cubes. Whole apples? Hadn't thought of that - would he be ok with the pips then?

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Nicola,

Ben has whole apples for a while now and it takes him a while to get into it, I've never had a problem with the pips, i do take the stork off but i should think he would eat that too given the chance! It makes him chew his food rather that swallow whole. :)

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

He is 7 months old now! Seems like only yesterday we got him, and he has grown so fast! He has had problems but we are getting there (hopefully). :)

Cristina

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
One of my parents' dogs loves eating the leftover apple once my mum has finished...he'll sit watching her patiently and then she'll give him the core - amazing thing is, he spits the pips out! :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Had to laugh at the apples - my Dad (in a healthy eating moment) put a whole apple down on top of a chest of drawers recently, turned his back for two minutes and next thing the apple was nowhere to be seen :?

Needless to say Brady had a guilty look on his face, and a sticky little moustache when he was located! :D

Other favourite treats include puppy Markies, mini Bonios, carrots, any type of meat and the all time favourite Gravy Bones (which I'm sure are probably not very good for him!)

He has had Winalot Allsorts treats before which smelled awful, and made him totally hyper so they're off the menu now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rufus loves Predigre Puppy Markies and munch rolls.

As with the other dogs he can smell an apple a mile off, often finding them on his walks under bushes!!!.

Another thing i've just found out is his passion for potatoe peelings. :roll:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi,dylans favourite treats are dried tripe,luncheon meat which i put his devils claw in and those probotic drinks,ian had a phase one week-end and decided to go healthy,yeah and a couple of beer bottles are healthy are they?,anyway dyl stole one from the fridge and decided he loved them good job too cos ians healthy week-end finished after the 1st drink,so i now buy them for dylan.Lynne.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.