Want to get a thread started to find out all about your lovely labradors. :D :D

We've called our black puppy labrador Bradley. :D

What is your labrador/s name?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi there,

We have a chocolate lab called Kane.

The reason we called him this was because our Black Lab called Alfie died whilst on holiday in Scotland (We live in Yorkshire). Alfie made such a big impression & became part of our lives that we felt we had to get another.

We got a chocloate lab this time so we wouldn't be comparing the new pup with Alfie all the time. My Uncle suggested Kane as Michael Caine starred in the film Alfie. The weird thing is it really suits him!! :lol:

http://www.thepollockfamily.co.uk/kane.htm

G

·
0 Posts
Hi ive got a goldern/yelow puppy lab as well as my black lab

Hi ive got a puppy lab(Goldern/yellow) and i have also got a black lab!
The puppy is called Lucky and the black one is called Milo and they are great together!!
Anyway what did you lot name your labby's!! :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Names

This was Red.

The Nice Rescue Lady tried lots of different names on him but the only name that interested him was the colour of his fur. Red was maybe 9 years old, maybe older when he was rescued off the streets of a small town. He died three and a half years later.

This is Misty taken when she was seven years old.

Misty was known to the police for being allowed to roam. She has been with us since 1999 when she was four years old.

The name is Dog. Jack Dog.

One Eyed Jack was a stray picked up by Animal Control. He had a diseased eye that was pretty much blind. We think he was maybe three when we got him in 2001.

G

·
0 Posts
Wow cute dog's

Hi there i really like your pic's of your dog's i feel sorry for the one eyed dog though.Anyway cute dog's!! :colors:

·
Registered
286 Posts
One Eyed Jack

i feel sorry for the one eyed dog though.

Labs are very stoic about pain. We think he had some pain before it was removed in 2002. The eye appeared less cloudy for a while but then one night Jack hopped up on the couch next to me and presented the left side of his face I believe to show me the eye was swollen again.

Jack is a pretty good retriever. He enjoys catching the ball on the fly and is always looking for a good game of fetch. We hope to get him certified as a therapy dog so he can give encouragement to kids with eye injuries.

Jack does everything any other Lab does. We do get a bit concerned that he could injure his eye but so far he has been careful. And lucky. He seemed happier after the eye was removed. Now Jack is Jack. He's happy. I'm happy.

Jack and Misty September 2001. Just after he came to live with us

Jack August 2004

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What gorgeous pics, what beautiful labs...

Lovely names too....i love the story behind Kane's name...that is really nice kanesdad.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, im really glad the dog's are fine.
Anyway i like the pic of Jack (i think it is) with the ball that's really cute!!!!!!!! :blueflowerface:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jack

Thanks, Milo

Jack's favorite things are:
Going for rides in the car with a ball
Playing fetch with a ball
Eating with a ball near his feet
Napping with a ball near his nose.

If asked if he needs to go outdoors he finds a ball first. If I do not go outside with him, he throws the ball at the door. Makes a big bang.

When I get home he follows jme around throwing the ball at the back of my legs. When I am in the shower or getting dressed or working on something other than paying attention to him, Jack drops the ball and picks it up and drops the ball and picks it up until either I throw it or I move off to somewhere else. At which time he throws the ball at the backs of my legs.

He would rather play with the ball than eat. If the grass is wet outside he insists on playing fetch inside. He is quite a character. Makes me smile. I call him a labradork retriever. Misty is my Labradorable receiver.

G

·
0 Posts
Thats ok

Hi ya thats ok i just wanted to tell you that you have really cute dog's ive got a puppy glodern/yellow lab and his dad is a 8 year old black lab cross and they are both great!!! :smilecolros:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a chocolate lab called Baxter, he's 12 weeks old. I haven't figured out how to get a pic of him on here yet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for that, i've put a couple of pics on now. One of my dog Baxter and two of my friends pup Charlie who spends the odd day with me when they work away from home. They came from the same kennel at around the same time and are best buddies.

Baxter (choc lab) is 12 weeks now and much calmer than Charlie(black lab) who is 8 weeks and a really mischievous little wotsit!

I had 2 black labs about 8 years ago and they were little monsters. One of them...Bentley...destroyed my house. He removed a tree from my back garden branch by branch and bought it in through the cat flap (it was a cat flap when we got him anyway...it became a large hole) When the cat flap was too small to fit small branches through he removed the door completely. He didn't like the carpets much either and removed the hall and stairs carpet for me. He ate money when he could get it too...the paper variety. He was a very expensive dog! And I still went and got another lab this time around!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
He calmed down a little but didnt like my son when he was born and so he went to live with a couple on a farm near Dover where he torments them to this day!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had 2 black labs about 8 years ago and they were little monsters. One of them...Bentley...destroyed my house. He removed a tree from my back garden branch by branch and bought it in through the cat flap (it was a cat flap when we got him anyway...it became a large hole) When the cat flap was too small to fit small branches through he removed the door completely. He didn't like the carpets much either and removed the hall and stairs carpet for me. He ate money when he could get it too...the paper variety. He was a very expensive dog! And I still went and got another lab this time around
Hi Becky :)

Big Warm Welcome To The Site :p

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with labradors, in more ways than more! Bentley sounds like he kept you extremely busy, i've heard of cats bringing their owners mice and birds as presents, but for a lab to bring you branches...wow! I have heard many cases where they can be quite destructive, and i am always amazed at some of the things i hear. We have been lucky with our puppy Bradley, he will try to grab at every stick, tree or branch going whilst on his walk, but is very good in our motorhome, and hasn't chewed anything. (as yet!) We did spend ages telling him 'no' when he was very little, if he did try and chew on anything, so he's obviously got a very good memory! Thankfully!! :) :lol:

Have fun on the site, i look forward to talking to you again.

Regards
Julie
Bradleysmum 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
dogs name

hello there im from braford in west yorkshire and have acquired a lovely black labrador whos name is dylan and what a character he is good with my 2 kids and house trained from day one what a star goota love him he now is 5 months old and loveing every minute he is here ..... :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts