Labradors Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Difficult one this!

I originally wanted a black lab, but partner wanted choc and as he was paying I thought I'd better let him choose the colour :lol:

As we have a lovely choccy pup, then I guess the chocs get my vote :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Well I can't say I have a favourite colour of lab as I think that they are all nice dogs. But my dog is yellow, at least I can see him at night!!! :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
i would say chocolate as tessa was my very first lab and she was choccy then we got brandy she is black now we got rosze choccy..lol..

so my favourite lab is CHOCBLACK..LOL..

but then all coluors are gergous :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I always wanted a yellow one, and then we went to a rescue centre and fell in love with a black one.. but i got little Jess who is yellow and lovely and fat lol

·
Administrator
21,515 Posts
I love 'em all but have always had yellows. There is far less chance of someone mistaking a yellow for a fox whilst they are working in the woods!

Regards, John

·
Registered
168 Posts
i love them all, and frankly would have one of each colour but my wife has to look after them in the day, so i'll stick to black for now until we get our next one (which will be yellow or chocolate!!!) ... i abstain from this vote LOL

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys - I'm looking for my first lab at the moment and originally liked choc labs, then got stuck on blacks, now I'm happy to look at yellows too!

I liked yellows less at first but having met a few blacks and yellows it kinda doesnt really matter does it?!! They're all individuals with wonderful characters..I guess we fall in love with the ones we're with...

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
hi there....

colour is so irrelevant... i love them yellow, blue, pink, black, brown, gold etc etc ..... :D

Colurful Regards
Vidhya

G

·
I fell for a chocolate labrador many years ago now (not mine)called Rone and after meeting her, and playing with & fussing her it had to be a chocolate lab for me. Since that day for two years I searched for a chocolate lab back then they were quite rare my search finally paid off and I had my chocolate lab Ollie.
I would consider having another colour as they are all the same sparkling personalities underneath that pigmentation but for now when I can only have one it's a chocolate for me but I hope one day to have a full set so as to speak!

Michaela

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Gosh, how can you choose a favourite colour? I love all labs, but I've had both black and yellow and as I have black now, will vote black. For me, colour is less important than the type of dog, and as I like working labs where black is by far the most common colour, it's probably just as well i like them :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I love them all. My first ever lab was a yellow in between I have owned all three colours, they are all so beautiful with so much character, whatever colour you choose.. If I was really forced to choose I would say black only because they were the original colour.
I remember Mary Roslyn Williams many years ago would only keep Black and when a yellow turned up in one of her litters, I think I am right in saying she would not register the yellow puppy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts