Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

well brandy and rosze seem to get on like a house on fire no problems what so ever apart fromt he normal grrr i dont want to play anymore bit..lol.

today we took them down to the beach as we normally do every weekened
and they ran of played in the sea (even though hubby didnt want them to get wet..lol) they were fine then on the way home we walked along the top away from the sand and sea ..as we didnt want them soaking wet in the car.. they were drying off nicely when all of a sudden brandy turned on rosze and her hackles went up and she started to chase her down to the sand and sea..normally brandy is great on commands but this time she ignored my husband and me and just carryed on running rosze down she ran her into the sea and pinned her down then allowed her back up and chased her again again pinning her down when she caught her...my husband had to run down and retreive both dogs giving both a stern telling off even though poor rosze was just running away from brandy...
after that all was well they carried on playing with eachother

brandy has doen this a few times while out walking normally if rosze runs off and finally comes back brandy will pin her down as if telling her off..
but this time they were both walking together with us and both behaving until brandy turned

WHY? she did not harm rosze or bite her just pinned her down or made rosze roll over but what surprised me was brandys hackles were all up... and she was growling and baring her teeth at rosze...

is this another case of domineering???

rosze is 10months and brandy is 7yrs

forgot to add in the house and garden they get along great none of this happens at home?? only when we are out this is the first time brandy has been this bad though normally she will growl pinn her down and leave her alone but this time she gave chase caught her and gave chase again

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
I would not make a big thing of it at this stage. It certainly does sound a bit of a settling process. I know they have been together for a while but the relationship is gradually changing from a puppy/adult relationship to an adult/adult one and it could be that Brandy might not be quite so sure of herself so it putting on a show of bluster. Obviously tell them BOTH off but nothing more. Watch carefully. There is almost certainly a trigger there somewhere, however hard to see. Find that and I bet it will all become clear in your mind.

Regards, John

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks john

yes i forgot about rosze coming into her adult hood...

with brandy and the late tessa there was only 1 yr between them and they got on fine knew were the other stood and so on..

but now with rosze its all new to her having a youngster in the house fast becoming a adult..

my husband did tell the pair of them off infact most of the ppl on the beach heard him..LOL..

as for the trigger hmm im really not sure on as they were both side by side walking alongside my hubby and myself,,, ill just keep a very close eye on them next time and see what happens

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
Just to compound things from Brandy's point of view, Rosze could, be coming into season if she has not already. The age is about right. Brandy would know this anything up to a month or more in advance. I always found that a friend's Bernese would give me nearly 6 weeks warning when Anna is coming in!

Regards, John

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes was thinking that as rosze still hasnt had a season and well lets just say they have been both been erm *humping* :oops: :oops: eachother this past month..lol..
but as of yet no sighn of a season from either of them but watching like a hawk as i dont take them out during a season

1 - 5 of 5 Posts