Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from an invigorating walk around Clowbridge reservoir with Shadow. Blowing a gale, horizontal rain, white horses on the res - brilliant! Makes you feel alive and Shadow absolutely loved it! Seems the worse the weather, the happier he gets, running around like a headless chicken. Sadly I did laugh at him once - he had paddled out to where the water was up to his tummy and was walking around when he just dissappeared under. For a second my heart froze, then he popped up doggy-paddling with the daft lab grin on his chops. As the water is high at the mo, he had been walking in the water, and come across a water inlet off the fields about two feet deep, which you can see when the water level is low. He swam to the shore came over the me with an indignant look on his face " I'll teach you to laugh at my mis-fortune, Dad" and promptly shook himself all over me - as if I wasn't wet enough already :lol:
No doubt he'll need his Rimadyl tonight after all the running and swimming, but you only live once, and he loves the res.

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow (both drying out!)

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Paul,

They love to get us wet don't they! Ben was on the beach a while back and my son tossed a stone into the sea shallows, Ben went to investigate and a huge 3ft wave went straight over him he was gone only for a few seconds but it seemed like ages, then reappeared to us and a couple laughing on the beach. He ran towards them, jumped up, covered them in water & sand and went straight back in the sea :lol:

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha, you can't take them anywhere, can you :lol:

Shadow's just reminded me to get him his Dentastick from the kitchen. He has one a day at 2.30pm on the dot - how do they know that it's late? He sits in front of the kitchen door with an expectant look on his face, and won't move until he's had it! Aren't they stars :D

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in new york and it's been a snowy year but that does not stop Dutch a 4 month pup today . he rather run in the snow then run on cement or grass, when it snows he just goes nuts. mt driveway is very long so i plow the snow to the back of the house making a mountain. here comes Dutch running full speed from the end of the driveway and jump in head first in to the snow pile all i see is from his neck down as his head goes diving in to the mountain of snow, then he backs up and all you see is a chocolate lab with a white face from the snow it's halirious he also like snowballs.... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts