Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

A quick question. I was just about to give Holly her last meal of the day -today is first day when she has had only three meals.

But she has just been sick - a lot. She eat all her breakfast with gusto! but ate only half off lunchtime food. She seems generally okay in herself at mo.

Just wondering should i give her her meal - its a dry puppy food or do you think tummy might not be right.

Shes giving me those IM hungry eyes now - but they're almost a permanent feature anyway :)

Any advice please

Shelley

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
you could try her with just a handfull of food and see how she is after that.. of if you feel she needs to miss out her last meal and do a mini starve then do that,,,

has she ate something to make her sick? or did she just throw up with out warning??

brandy my 7yr old is normally sick if she has been munching on something she shouldnt have when we are out...or if she has got herself so excited about 1hr after food she throws up..also if she gulps loads of water again she will throw up..
so sometimes we do a mini strave on her just miss out her last meal as mine are on 2 meals a day

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I dont think Holly has eaten anything unusual. She was at puppy class with hubbie in a field this afternoon and he didnt mention anything - (although that probably doesnt mean much) and that was early afternoon. She wasnt excited etc. She just threw up 3 times in succesion, but seems quite chirpy now :? :? ODD!

Perhaps ill try with little bit of food and see what happens??? Thanks for prompt reply - what would i do without this site :D

Shelley

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi Shelley

Did the vet give Holly anything after her ordeal the other day? jabs or tablets etc?

They may well be making her feel a little poorly - keep your eye on her I am sure that she will be feeling better soon!

Sarah

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just wanted to know how Holly is now - hope she's feeling better?

Lucy and Mario x

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lucy

Hollys fine now thanks for asking. It was a bit odd that night as she was quiet and sick several times, then really perked up again. In fact i ended up giving her most of her dinner and she was fine with it.

No idea what caused it Dont think it was due to medication for ear as she had been on that for several days by then - but typical that it occured when hubby was out and id just sat down to eat really nice curry id mad for myself!!!

Hope Mario's doing well

Shelley

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi shelley... Glad Holly is feeling good... In my case i give frodo ice-cream :wink: or yoghurt to settle his tummy it works in his case and i give him dog food after 24 hours...

Good day

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Shelley

So pleased Holly is feeling better - it really worries you when you think there's something wrong doesn't it? Mario is fine thanks - full of mischief and teething badly...

Have a good weekend

Lucy and Mario

1 - 8 of 8 Posts