Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Alfie weighed, on the Wii fit balance board and he's is 19.3kgs......jeso he;s only 18 weeks on monday and he is looking a bit chubby this week but he has done this every 2 weeks since i got him. He fills out width ways then shoots up.

No wonder my back is breaking when i';m lifting him onto the sofa(for some weird reason he just doens't want to jump up..lol).

Anyone want to hazzard a guess at what he will end up at when he's fully grown..

:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya

12onths and 40kgs here according to the vet not overweight!!!!!!! Is your dog from the showing strain as they do grow quite massive sometime especially the choclate boys.

he will master the settee soon and you will know about it haha great when he first does it (time to throw a party) not so great when he hits 40kg and you are sat on the floor haha

time to rip u the laminate and get a carpet lmao

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has a mixture of showing, working and pet lines and his dad was massive, a really big lad....lol.

He can get on the sofa mid bum tuck....lol, he just puts his front paws and chest on it and waits for you to help his back end up..lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
haha yeah sounds rite wait till he puts his front paws down and leaves his back legs up haha sounds very much like our big man his father was show line but too big to show whatever that means.....

sounds like your going to have a bear haha

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Sounds like you have got a big one.

Sultan comes from show lines. I went to see Mum and Dad when i was looking to buy him. He is nothing like ether. He is much taller. There must be a pony / donkey., in his genes somewhere.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gixju said:
Sounds like you have got a big one.

Sultan comes from show lines. I went to see Mum and Dad when i was looking to buy him. He is nothing like ether. He is much taller. There must be a pony / donkey., in his genes somewhere.
lmao

A

·
0 Posts
He's got you wrapped round his little paw :p being lifted onto the sofa :lol: bless him :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much, i was always told by everyone that Alfie was going to be a very big boy and i started thinking i had a dog that was going to grow into the size of a pony 8O but thankfully the growing slowed down and he's now 28.5kgs so not too big... he's half show and half working!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Know I have an ickle girly, but she is also 18 weeks tomorrow and she was 11.6Kg on Thursday...bet Alfie's twice her size! Bless him! Jess acts more like a lemming tho - she launched herself out the back of the Discovery the other day - lol (Not that we encourage her to jump out - she just did it bold as brass!)

Out of interest, is there an age whereby you can estimate what weight/size they will end up being?

NB - do Alfie's ears grow first?! Jess seems to go: ears, skin, body!!!

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL..yeah is his ears get huge, then he has loads of skin and within a week he's grew into them all... :D

I don;t think there is an age when estimate there size... :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Oscar is 6 months and just under 26kg. He's well proprtioned but big (from show stock). What age do they stop growing?

Norma

1 - 11 of 11 Posts