Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment daisy is in a 30" crate and fits her well. But i know it wont be long before i need to buy her a bigger 1. So do i buy a 36" or just get the 42". She loves her crate and when shes not eating or playing shes in it happily.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
We have the 42 from the start and just fill it up with stuff when tiny then expand to fit....

before puppy (Krissie is the latest)...

and big dog (Megan)camping...

like, one size fits all :D

But you'll find it varies with individuals and lifestyles :wink:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent think ill just go for the 42". Theres a place on ebay that is very cheap and the crates are fantastic. Her 30" was only £24 so i just got the size i needed and it will do the next puppy lol (already planning my next lab)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i started jake off in a 36" crate, he doesn`t use his crate anymore but if he did then the crate we have would be a squeeze for him so i`d go for the 42". my friend has 2 48" crates and they give her dogs so much space but my god they don`t half take up a lot of room!

·
Registered
794 Posts
my two share a 42" an they have plenty of sleeping room which is all they really do in it i think they were £35 with free shipping on ebay - they spend the rest of their time lounging on my sofa trying 2 kick me off!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I would go for 42", both my younger ones sleep in there together, and Sasha even gets in with them sometimes 8O :lol:

Ideal for when you get a 2nd Lab ??? :lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ideal for when you get a 2nd Lab ???
Well im on a waiting list for a chocolate lab. The next litter isnt until next year so i wont be tempted before then lol.

Well thats decided as soon as im moved ill get her the 42"

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
we have Indi in a 42" crate - plenty big enough for her to lie end to end in it although she tends to snuggle up in one end of the crate all cramped up. She has a nice big soft doggy cushion in there and a few soft quiet toys in case she wakes up before us and wants to keep herself amused. We put a blanket over it and keep the door open during the day and she loves her crate. She loves getting all her toys out of it to play with them. Would def recommend z 42" crate

x

·
Registered
48 Posts
Max has the 48" which we had already for our previous GSD. It is massive so I think a 42" would be just right for a lab. Although if you have lots of room the 48" is nice if you are going to be crating while at work.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I went mad and bought a HUGE crate thinking the bigger the better - I think a 42'' is good as it gives themm plenty of space but does not take up half the room like mine - mine was for a Rotweiler size dog! Haha - I can easily fit boths labs in! It's also pink - I now have a fox red lab and she clashes awfully! :-D It seemed like a good idea when I was buying a black small puppy! Haha!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts