Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are about to adopt a 13 week old black lab pup, rescued from a puppy farm in Ireland. She is currently called Megan, which we quite like, but we are thinking of renaming her - she has only been called Megan for a week so it wouldn't be a problem to change it. Please let us have your opinions on the names we have got so far - they are all just names that we like, the only one that means something is Darcy which is an Irish name meaning dark, so seemed quite appropriate.

Or if anybody has any other suggestions for a good name for her then let me know! We already have two cats called Polly and Max, and a daughter called Grace, so it can't be anything that rhymes with any of those (i.e. Molly).

Thanks,

Lucy.

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Darcy definatley do U know if they need any more people to adopt any puppies as I might know someone who was thinking of getting one :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darcy so far the strong favourite then! Hersheys - I know that they have a 10 week old black retriever x pup called Murphy that needs a home. He's gorgeous. Not sure about labs though but their website is www.irishretrieverrescue-uk.co.uk and it's well worth sending them an e-mail (as they don't feature all of their dogs on the website, ours was never put on there), they are so lovely and helpful and managed to find us the perfect pup within a few days of us being put on their waiting list. I think that because they only deal with Irish dogs they get more pups than English rescues, but they transport the pups to England to be rehomed (we're picking our little girl up from Bristol).

I wish your friend the very best of luck!

Lucy.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hi Lucy, I have gone against the grain and voted for 'Megan'. I have a very soft spot for this name as I lost my 9year old working Ess last June to a brain tumour. Her name was Megan. I have to admit that, out of all my dogs over the years, she was my favourite. I nearly named the pup I kept from my last litter after her in her kc name, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I think Megan would be a lovely name for her :D

PS. I like Darcy too

Kay & The Exelby Clan

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi
I have voted Megan I wonder why??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts