Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just remebred when we bought rosze 3 weeks ago now her previous owner gave me everything idchip certificate (which i have now paid to change the ownership and adress) her pedigree history..petsafe form again i have changed address and ownership on..insurance..he also shown me her kc registration birth/certificate it had his details on it at the bottom as he never got round to sending ot of to the kennel club so he said he would keep hold of it send it of then when the new one came through he would send it on to me so i can then change the ownership to me on it problem is no sighn of it :( am i entitled to phone the breeder up (i have name and address of the breeder) and explain to them would they be able to give me a new one???? or will i have to phone the kennel club??

or basically have i messed up and should of taken the form there and then and attached a letter on the back explaing why there would be 2 names on the form??

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If he never sent the change of ownership form off, then as far as the KC are concerned, she is still owned by the breeder (not legally so don't worry on that score). You could then contact the breeder who will need to sign a change of ownership form which you would send off - Does the breeder know you have rehomed her or will it come as a surprise? If the old owner has subsequently sent of the original change of ownership form to get it transfered into his name, then you will have to chase him for it.
Personally, I would check with him first, he may have forgotten to get round to it.
:)

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have just sent another messaege of to him i manage to find his mobile number,,lol...but im getting no reply :(
as for the breeder they will not know he has sold rosze on to me ..

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:razz: :razz: he phoned me up he says he posted the forms off 2 weeks ago and waiting for them to be return so hopefully i will get them :):)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Glad you managed to sort it and hopefully you should have it soon. If you have any problems, you can phone the KC and provided you have dogs name (kc registered name) and date of birth they should be able to send out new documents to whoever is the registered owner (breeder or previous owner).

It would probably be nice to contact her breeder at some stage to let her know you now have her (and obviously tell her what a fantastic home she now has :) ) . The breeder may not be interested in which case it won't matter, but if it was a good breeder, they will want to know what has happened to their pups and I'm sure will appreciate you contacting them.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts