Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now Stella is getting bigger and pretty much house trained (apart from the VERY rare accident) I thought it was time to reward her with a new bed but I have no idea what to get her, we still use her create so really looking for something that can be used inside that and also something easily washed as Stella can get rather muddy and sandy at times.

So what bed would you guys recommend? Links and prices would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance. Jen and Stella.

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
is she passed the chewing stage yet??

Just to warn, don't buy anything nice till she's past all that stage! I've spent a fortune on bedding thats has been shredded!!! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest im still waiting on the chewing stage, she is 6 months and has not really chewed anything she shouldn't yet so im hoping I have just got a good puppy that knows only to chew her toys. :roll: I may live to regret saying that though! hehe!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
As Fee says you might not be home and dry just yet!

I think a nice comfy single duvet is a good cheap crate bed as they're easy to wash and at only a fiver from tescos or something you wont be gutted if she starts chewing :)

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
well.... that will all depend on her!

Pasco is now 14 months... and chews his bed on an almost daily basis. We just leave vet bed now.

Huds grew out of bed chewing at about a year old... wasn't a real enthusiastic bed chewer, but would attack a zip or a seam. He has a non chew bed now and hasn't touched anything.

Pasco had the same non chew bed and when he couldn't chew the bed, chewed the walls!!!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
i used vet bed in the crate plus fleece blankets. Easy to wash and dry.

my boys now have plastic beds with duvets in. but i have just brought a zippy bed which is waterproof and very comfy... but i've only done this as finn has... touch wood... stopped his chewing!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I bought Gillie a huge bed from Pets at Home - it says Kingpets on it and the centre part comes out for washing and I also put it in his crate at night on his Vetbed as it is really snuggly! He does play with his bed but has not chewed it....yet!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Carly has a lovely bed, its a king size with headboard, fitted sheets, 4 pillows and a choice of duvet tog quality (high in winter, low in summer) :)

she sometimes lets me get into it too :roll:

G

·
CarlyLab said:
Carly has a lovely bed, its a king size with headboard, fitted sheets, 4 pillows and a choice of duvet tog quality (high in winter, low in summer) :)

she sometimes lets me get into it too :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's like Poods night time bed too :lol: :lol: .

I'm a softy and although they have Vetbed to line the crate, they also have a soft, snuggly bed on top from the word go. I've been lucky enough not to have a bed destroyer, although mine are only crated overnight and for maybe an hour or two during the day a couple of times a week. I don't know if this makes a difference.

My pups start off with a soft furry donut. Actually it's a cat bed but it's washable and they all seem to love it :D.

And these are hot favourites, also washable and they fit in a crate.....

And then we have this one, which they all seem to like lolling around on (washable cover) ....

And a few more comfy mats and memory foam pads besides..... Spoilt doggies huh. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I currently use fleece blankets for Stella and she seems happy enough on them.....or the couch when she not in her crate. I guess I will just leave it a few more months to make sure she does not decide to destroy her bed before buying her a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts