Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I've been reading up alot on the growth of our dogs, and was just wondering at what age did your lab or labs stop growing.

Apparently, Bradley our puppy, his father didn't stop growing until just over two years of age.

How about your labs? :animaldog:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Me & Andrea have been wondering the same thing after a conversation we had with a couple who had 2 chocolate labs.

They were huge. Not fat just massive. We were a bit worried when they told us they were only 15months old & that Kane looked bigger than they did at his age :shock:

We may have to find a bigger house :!:

Kane's Dad was big & stocky but nothing compared to these 2! We will have to wait & see 8)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
The height of a Labrador bitch in the UK is 21.5 to 22 inches and a dog 22 to 22.5 inches. This is the KC standard, anything deviating from this is regarded as incorrect. I have never had a Labrador puppy reach full height much before two years old. The dont grow much in the second year but they still do add a little. But then, I try not to bring mine along to fast anyway.
Kay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a lab puppy in Oct 2010

I had always wanted a puppy for myself since I was a Kid ..... but my granny was not too fond of animals ... so never got to keep one ..... Now I am a mom of a 3 year old :roll: and My hubby and and I decided to gift our daughter a Lab for her 3rd Birthday ...
So I get to gift my lil one a lab and also fulfill my Long awaited wish :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts