Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st August we travelled south to spend the week with my parents. Had a lovely party for their 40th wedding anniversary.

The weather was lovely most of the time, and Corbie enjoyed seeing Alfie, while I enjoyed catching up with my now 9-month old nephew.

Had a walk on the Thursday and I started to get a bit of a sore throat. Put it down to hayfever. Less than 24 hours later I was shivering uncontrolably for over an hour in bed fully clothed! Once that passed, it was the unbearable heat, I don't think I've ever felt so hot :( Yes, I managed to get the Flu :( (and have managed to escape all pig related jokes!)

We came home a day later because of that and last week was spent not hiking the hills as we had intended but mostly lounging on the sofa/in bed trying to shift the virus.

I did manage one day out last Thursday although nearly had to go home 30 miles into the drive because I felt rubbish. Thankfully some fresh air helped and I managed a short walk.

Still getting over it now, 2-weeks down the line. Have a cough and feel tired in the afternoons. Hoping it will have gone by end of next week. I want to be able to walk for more than 15 mins without feeling tired or having a coughing fit if I go slightly uphill.

Could only happen to me! Luckily no one else seems to have caught it and because OH was off work last week he was able to go out on long walks with Corbie, so the pup wasn't stuck indoors all day with me :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few pics from our drive (I wish I could've said hill walk!) through Glencoe to just north of Oban.

Ben Lui

Buachaille Etive Beag (right)

Corbie and OH walking near the Clachaig Inn, Glencoe

Boats at Connel, just north of Oban

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Poor you Karen.. I can sympathise as I've had pretty much the same thing and yep I'm on week 3 too and still coughing.... its not pleasant is it?! :roll:

Cant believe your nephew is 9 months old.. where did that time go?? 8O

Lovely pics of your drive and Corbie is looking as lovely as ever... happy sends lots of licks! x

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Poor you! I hope it didnt ruin your tim away!! At least u still got to spend time with family a bit!! I hope yu get back to normal soon!! Get welll soon hun!

Photos are Fab as always!! :D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Lovely photos :) The photos of Glencoe are brilliant, what a stunning part of Britain that is. I love Oban too - there's a wonderful chippy there :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
What beautiful scenery, and love the pic of Corbie and Alfie.

What a shame you got the dreaded 'flu', :( but glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Hope you feel 100% again soon. :D At least you managed to see your little nephew. I remember reading just how excited you were about this, and rightly so.

Get well soon. :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Trina, it's horrible isn't it - I should've stayed this side of the border :lol: I went for a walk Monday evening only about 20m slightly uphill and I had a mega coughing fit :( Won't be doing any hills in a hurry. Sniff, cough.

I know, I can't believe he's 9 months either. Mind you, he was very puppy-like, putting stuff in the mouth and into everything - and you daren't put your fingers near his mouth now he has teeth :lol:

Corbie sends licks for Happy too :wink: x

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the nice comments guys - I was glad I went out for the day even if I was stuck in the car instead of up the hills... there was only so much daytime tv I could take :lol: OH and Corbie went up a hill to a viewpoint and I fell asleep in the car while they were gone :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts