Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a difference between buying Charlie and buying Dudley!

With Charlie we went to get him, handed over the money and took him home - aged 5 - 6 weeks.

With Dudley I've got to know the breeder over the last few weeks, and had regular photos sent to me.
We met him and the breeder at 5.5 weeks
When we went to fetch him home yesterday - that was the big difference!
He has had his first injection, been micro-chipped, wormed, and checked over by the vet.
We were given his full 5 gen pedigree and the papers for hips, eyes, elbows and optgan testing.
We had to read a contract and sign it on breeding endoresments and returning to the breeder if we need to etc.
We have been given 6 weeks free insurance
We were given a check list to go over with the breeder chcking the pup - eyes, ears, coat, walk, overall condition etc.
I'm sure there was other things I can't think of at the moment
It was so obvious the breeder was a vary caring person who loves all her dogs and pups

oh and Ben said to say he smells ok too - unlike Charlie who stunk!!!

What a difference!

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
It's great isn't it Wendy and a good feeling to now you have someone there if ever you need them :wink:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Sunds like the breeder was the sort of person you deserve this time after your struggles and heartbreaks. Good luck with little Dudley!
Di

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
your story sounds exactly like ours wendy ........ when we got ollie we hadnt done our homework :( we just thought you see a dog advertised and you go and buy it :(

this time around everything has been a pleasure from going to see the pups and getting to talk to sue about them knowing there breeding and health tests and sue caring more about the dogs wellbeing than the money side of things :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts