Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hi were so excited, the last time we asked for advise on here you were all very kind to us. we had lost our dog tragically :cry: and were very unsure wether to have another lab or to wait. well the urge has finally got to much and we have reserved a black lab girl she`s 4 weeks old and adorable ( its going to be an agonising 4 weeks to wait ) our daughter sat down with all the pups and this little girl just plonked her self on her lap and went straight to sleep so me and my hubby had no choice!!!. but my only concern now is weve never had a puppy and never had a bitch where do we start im trying to get prepared and read about as much as we can but you were all so helpful last time my first stop was here. :p

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Ask us the questions you have burning in your head and we will try and answer them ;-) Its too huge a topic to tell you the whole thing as a 'oner' ;-) better still a good breeder will answer all your questions on food, worming, seasons, vaccinations, exercise, weight, training etc etc...

Di

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i think the biggest scare for us is the fact we went for a boy and came back reserving a girl 8O . after only having boys were abit bewildered what to expect :lol:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Exactly the same! ;-) Promise. The ONLY difference is much later on when she has her first season you will need to keep her in from around day 5 or 6 of it till she has finished at about day 21 - 22, possibly later if it drags on. Then spay her about 3 months later and no more seasons.... and just a labrador.... there are really no differences between the sexes except about two inches at the shoulder in height. they all play the same, eat the same, sleep the same, need training and boundaries the same... its all the same ;-)

Was there anything else you were worried about?
Di

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yes over the moon. were just having a look at blackies :cry: stuff to see if we can use any of it and what needs another wash.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Congratulations of your new little girl :D

Really not a lot of difference between the boys and girls (apart from the obvious :wink: ), I have only had girls and every one of them is different and if I have had a boy, he would be different too :)

Oh and welcome to LF :D

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Welcome to LF :)

You will be suprised at how quickly the next couple of weeks will go by untill the day arrives for you to go and collect your puppy. I have only really gone for bitches personally because they are easier to train and more biddable but I know some people will disagree with me on that point. You will most probably need the next few weeks to make sure everything is ready and puppy proofed before the new arrival.

I found ebay a good place for buying things like dog crates etc. etc.

Best of luck and look forward to pictures :)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You must be so excited and your new little girl sounds adorable.

You've come to the best place for all the advice you need. Just keep reading all the puppy threads and you won't go wrong and any questions just ask.

We love pups on here so lots of pics please.

Yvonne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts