Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had my brother's wedding this weekend - so Lucy stayed with the dog sitter we have used for a while now (who Lucy LOVES and gets on really well with). It's quite usual that this dog sitter has other dogs staying with her at the same time, especially in the summer months, so i can just imagine the fun and frolicks Lucy experiences when she stays there...because since we got her home at 4pm this avo, i haven't heard a peep outta her, as she's been completely sparko'd on the sofa lol :lol:

As she's our only furbaby...she's used to peace and quiet and not having to jostle for our attention....but if there are other dogs around....its like playtime ALL the time for her lol and she will never stop....never just take herself away for a quick nap (she likes her naps)....so she must be permanently on the go when she stays with the dog sitter lol

Anyone elses doglet do this (if they aren't used to living with other dogs?)..it does make me wonder sometimes, that IF we did ever consider getting another puplet, whether or not Lucy would revert into hyper puppy mode and not give us a moments peace cos she'd be constantly wanting to play?

Also....she really, REALLY loves eating grass....now i always thought dogs only really did this when they had a bit of an upset tum tum, but she eats grass almost daily, although I try and stop her as much as I can (cos it ends up 'hanging' out her bottom when she tries to poop and if it gets 'stuck', muggins here as to do 'the job' of retrieving it......) is this normal? Am i the only one with a grass chomping cow for a mutt? :lol:

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol...oh good, you've got 'grazers' as well then Becs :lol: I feel like painting some white spots on Lucy sometimes lol

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
No!! Skittle grazes in the garden and when we are out in the fields, Mambo has a bit of a nibble now and then. I too have to do a bit of 'retreivin' when they come in with bits hanging out!! YUK Skittle actually seems particular as in which grass she will eat!! Maybe I am not feeding her enough :lol: :lol:

Marianne

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marianne....Lucy is exactly the same...she only goes for the long, lush variety at the edge of the garden (near the fence) lol monkey that she is :lol: I try and use it as an excuse to encourage my OH to mow the lawn more frequently than he does! lol Doesn't always work!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Zadie is always shattered when she comes back from the dogsitters - partly from playing but also due to the fact that she is sooooooo nosy so has to stay awake in case she misses something :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Troy always eats grass when we are out, especially if it is quite long. At one point I thought he just liked to lick it, but i have seen him actually eating it. And unfortunately I have had to help him remove it from the other end if it gets "stuck". :oops:

G

·
aww must be nice to know that she has such a fab time while shes with the dogsitter :D

I have a cow here too... he often grazes on lush grass and i often have to retrieve it when it gets stuck :roll: so embarrassing but i get alot of knowing smiles from other dog walkers when it happens :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Luna is exactly the same around other dogs and gets completely exhausted when she spends a day with them. Had to separate her from the other 2 dogs when we dog sat cos she was hosting some sort of rave in the living room when we didn't :lol: (They were all whacked by the 2nd night!!)

I figure that if/when we got a second dog she'd HAVE to get used to be around them and the novelty would SURELY wear off!!?? (I am trying to convince myself here!)

Luna grazes. Thankfully not as much at the moment as I got fed up of finding her frozen in the squating position somewhere with a startled look on her face awaiting me with a poobag covered hand to rescue her!!! We used to have cows at the bottom of our garden grazing all day and night, "they eat grass, you eat them! You are not a cow!!" Luna used to be told!!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PMSL @ Luna-tic....that's what we try and say to Lucy but she never listens!

As for the rave in the living room....i can quite believe that...i'm sure that's what happens with Lucy when she's with her 'mates' :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Luna-tic said:
Luna grazes. Thankfully not as much at the moment as I got fed up of finding her frozen in the squating position somewhere with a startled look on her face awaiting me with a poobag covered hand to rescue her!!! We used to have cows at the bottom of our garden grazing all day and night, "they eat grass, you eat them! You are not a cow!!" Luna used to be told!!! :lol:
Unfortunately Troy doesn't freeze in position, he decides that the best method is to spin round in circles as though he is chasing his tail. Trying to "help" him in that situation isn't always easy. :lol:

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
:lol: :lol: @ the thought of Troy running round in circles!! Both Skits and Mambo stay frozen for a little while but keep looking behind at their tails!! It is quite amusing until they run in to me to rescue them!! :lol: :lol:

Marianne

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Well I'm having a chuckle!! Luna kind of runs away from the dangly then spins a little then if I am inside runs in to me before freezing in position!!! Leaving me trying to remember where exactly she has run and 'dropped' little packages!!! :roll:

I heard her enter the lounge (tiled floor) once (door behind me), I caught a whiff of something nasty then realised Luna had been quiet (normally meaning trouble or she's flopped asleep) for a long time! Turned around to find her frozen helplessly with a dangly! She'd been there for ages!!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Just to add!!
I never expected to be wiping a dog's bum with baby wipes after toileting!! 8O

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Lottie is a total grass muncher too,more so in the Spring when I guess it was sweeter. It worried me at first because my Border Collie used to launch herself on to the lawn to eat grass, then make herself sick. Mind you haven't had to resort to tugging grass out or bum wiping :lol:

Also,Lottie is an only child :lol: and when she goes to my friends on a Thursday with her 2 shitzus,she doesn't move when we get home. It's even worse if they have been out with her friend who is a dog walker. Apparently,when she is there she absolutely NEVER settles down,so misses out on her regular dognaps. :lol:

Barbara

1 - 20 of 28 Posts