Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fello lurkers

I have a problem putting weight on a very active labrador and would appreciate any help.lol

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
Hi Colette
Do you want to put weight on because you think your labbie is underweight (as in actual kilos) or is she skinny? I tend to ignore the actual weight and go more by the touch test as actual weight varies so much on other factors. If she's active, got decent muscle tone and you can't actually see her ribs I would not worry. I've never had this problem with mine but I do try to keep them on the light side for the sake of their joints (and we do agility). If you're really worried I'd speak to your vet, if I were you, in case there is an underlying problem.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello maddie and zena

Thanks for your reply, I want to put weight on riva because I would like to see her with a bit more weight on her, but not too much. She is roughly 2 years old, and am feeding her on Gilpa Supa valu mix.

·
Registered
36 Posts
reply to brighteye

Hi! Actually Riva is looks great from the picture,i think this is the ideal size for her right?
If you really wan to put more weight in her can try feed her more or more treats to her? :p
All the best

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
She looks fine to me, Colette, from the photos in the gallery, i really wouldn't put any more weight on her unless she has lost weight recently??

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, She diid loose some weight when I had to change over her food, it was the right one for her, now i am back to square one again :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Murph says she's a very lucky dog!! :D All his mum does is try to make him eat less! 8O .....and can he please come to stay with you?! :lol:
TTFN

1 - 9 of 9 Posts