Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My plans keep being thwarted by the weather.

Couldn't meet up with Gill for some agility practice last week or early this week due to heavy rain and wind. Was supposed to be going to visit a friend to go for a walk and lunch in Biggar today, but the weather is beyond awful down there and the road down from Edinburgh is closed. Was supposed to be playing golf with my old man later this afternoon, but the course is currently covered in snow.

I've half a mind to just cancel my hols and go back to work!

I must've blinked and somehow missed both spring, summer, and autumn 2010!

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
If it keeps up... the trip up North Friday might not be a goer either! I just saw pics of the snow at Nics!!!!

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
To think in the last 2wweeks my washing has been out on the line to dry, garden was done and now it looks like a bog again. We got blizzards and rain last nite, nothing lying now but it was white when i got up. 8O

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh don't say that Fee! I'll have to top myself if I'm stuck in the house ALL week :(

I'm just sat watching the snow just now :(

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
It looks like we're the only place in the country where the weather is nice...blue skies and barely any wind (makes a blimming change!)

Yesterday it was monsooning all day!

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Cold, damp, muddy and depressing here!

Had started running - but clay soil makes that a joke now! Had stashed away wellies - hmmm. Washing had been drying on the line - hmmm. Luna was spending time mooching in the garden in sun spots - now she runs in from the rain! Heating had been switched off - back on! Chocolate biccies, hot tea and a blanket are the order of the day. I want SPRING back! I don't mind Winter BUT I do when it lingers!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
snow ++ in Scottish Borders, a68 closed at Carter bar and A7 north too :roll: . Road condition mean I am going no where today :roll:

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Just turned on the news to the horrible accident in Biggar and knew I'd read the name on LF earlier this morning. Thank goodness you stayed home Mo.

What a horrible tragedy for the school on a day that was supposed to be fun - my thoughts are with the girl's family and all those injured.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luna-tic said:
What a horrible tragedy for the school on a day that was supposed to be fun - my thoughts are with the girl's family and all those injured.
I know :( I hadn't realised at the time that it was closed due to a fatality, I'd thought it was impassable due to snow. Horrible news :(

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
It's typical. Everytime we try to meet up for agility Mo, it snows! Doesn't matter what day, time or even bluddy month we arrange, it still snows! lol :lol:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: I know!

At least things improved a bit as the day wore on today and the snow shifted :)

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
It was actually not bad this after in Cupar. I managed a whole 5 minutes without my jumper! :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the golf course clear Fee and not too water-logged? Might try again tomorrow if it's ok. Will come and give Pasco a cuddle (but not a biscuit!) if I am up that way,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts