Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The country side in the past couple of weeks has taken on a new look, instead of field upon field of ripe crops, its been combine harvester time. The farmers have been very lucky again this year, able to get the crops in, the bailing done, but its happened quicker than last year. No sooner than they have got the fields emptied from the bailing than they are starting to plough.......up to 8 weeks earlier than last year. What is going on !!!!! Now at this time of year all those people with dogs look forward to letting their dogs off and have a good run in the fields, but not this year.

Has anybody else who lives in the country noticed any change in the farmers routine compared to last year. Or could it be that the farmers know something that we dont know. Maybe in the weather!!!!!!!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I would think its something to do with the weather Colette, its been tipping down here virtually all day :roll:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Forecasters got it wrong yesterday - the rain should not have come up this far, should've stayed 200 miles south, but it's been raining all day :roll: Not impressed, missed a nice walking day. Still, just back from a local walkies which was nice despite rain.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I read somewhere that because of such a warm june and july and wetter,colder august the plant,trees etc are fooled into thinking that autumn has arrived....I have noticed trees losing their leaves really eary.
Juliexx

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just wondering whether the farmers are trying to get everything done pdq. The trees and bushes round here are full of berries, some people say due to the saying old wives tails that this could be the signs of a bad winter.

Some other things that I have noticed have been not half as many wasps as previous years...supose thats good for people like me who are allergic to them. |Plants in my garden have gone absolutely daft this year with growth compared to other years. There is a couple of them that I will have to take a chain saw to, they are that big.

Ive been noticing strange things happening with natur too.. :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts