Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Any one know of an "unpick-upable" water bowl? We're on our second type - first ordinary stainless steel, second stainless steel with wider bottom and dish inside. Holly has sussed both of these and keeps picking them up half full of water to chew - chucking the water out on the way :evil:

Or do you think she's telling to wash floors more :wink:

Shelley

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I had the same problem for years, but i managed to find one that they can't pick up or move around, it's a 10pint wide bottomed square dish and i have had the same one for 5years and it still looks like new.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Well I don't know of a dog bowl that they can't pick up but my dog has his own water fountain with a huge bowl..lol There is no way he can pick that up, the only problems is he now won't drink from a water bowl, It has to have running water..lol

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
can you not get a bowl with suckers on the bottom??..lol.

the only problem i have with the dogs water bowl is my 2yr old picking it up and flooding hte kitchen..lol..

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hello Shelley

I had a similar problem to you, but with my Ellie.

The things she wouldn't do to keep the water in the bowl, she was unbelievable and funny... :lol: We also had, and do still have, one of those funny shaped, supposed to be untipable ones but she still managed to pick it up and chew, once she'd thrown all the water out out on to the floor.... :x , or she would go paddling in it.... 8) , or she would put her head into the the water and blow bubbles.... :lol:

But at last she has hopefully grown out of doing such silly, but laughable things. :lol:

Puppies if that is what have, do tend to grow out of doing funny and silly things

Wish you luck

Colette

do tend to grow out of things, even in the mean time they do tend to send us daft

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Shelley, here in Brazil it's possible to find in pet shops a stell bowl with some sort of built in heavy weight at the bottom, which is impossible for the dog even to move it. Probably you can find in some pet shop in UK. If not, try to manufacture it and you will be rich. :) Regards,

Labrazil.

·
Registered
880 Posts
how about one of those huge earthenwear type ones, the type theat typically have DOG or WATER written across the side.
anna

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Labrazil - manufacture my own - excellent idea :lol: Sounds like i would corner the market here.

Might give an earthen ware one a try??? Another excuse to nose around the pet shop and buy more than i need....Or just accept fact - hey at least that part of kitchen will be clean!!! :roll:

Thanks for the ideas guys

Shelley

By the way Christina, love the fact yours only drinks running water now :lol: Certainly a lab that knows what it wants.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
anna said:
how about one of those huge earthenwear type ones, the type theat typically have DOG or WATER written across the side.
anna
Hi all

I can vouch for these as Smudge has one for his food and one for his water.

They are very solid and heavy and his hasn't been picked up, moved or knocked over in all the time we've had him. They are available from just about every pet shop you can find!

Here is a little piccie:-

I am also comforted by the fact that these cannot be knocked over when we're out leaving his lordship with no water.

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi All,

I have always used the large double bowl on a stand, not only is it ment to be better for deeper chested dogs it has a bracket that secures both bowls in so can't be lifted out................brilliant, never had any probs with it

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Buster went through a phase where he was tipping his bowl up and running around with it, or dipping his paw in the bowl lol. The phase only lasted a couple of weeks and now he has stopped doing it.

Kev

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Frodo 2 loves running water...the dog fountain is on my mind hopefully mother in law will get it from canada.... Its a task to get frodo drink from his water bowl...He runs to the bath and sits under the tap.... :D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
mommy said:
Hi All,

I have always used the large double bowl on a stand, not only is it ment to be better for deeper chested dogs it has a bracket that secures both bowls in so can't be lifted out................brilliant, never had any probs with it
Hi Rhoni

I may well look at these as Smudge gets older as I don't like to think of him having to bend down too far.

Thanks for the tip!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
My pleasure Nic,

I used them from an early satge as are on adjustable sturdy stand so even quite young'ens can use them

Great buy !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts