Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Millie had her dog club Christmas party. During a game of musical chairs it came down to just me and a small child. Deep down I knew that the honourable thing would be to let him win......

But I was ruthless! I decided that it is a hard world out there and that the child needed to learn that earlier rather than later :wink:

Poor Millie was in a complete daze - she's normally a bit of a moocher - but she was dragged around the chairs at high speed so that she didn't ruin my chances of victory! :lol:

I admit that I did feel slightly guilty as the child returned, crestfallen, to his seat – but hey - the glory of being a winner helped take my mind off it :lol: :lol:

So - do you think I was too competitive??

Angela

·
Registered
795 Posts
lol
Brilliant.

I think you are right, the child needs to learn some life lessons.

I'd have felt more sorry for the childs pooch to be honest! bet he/she thought she was a dead cert with a kiddie as a handler!!! ;)

A

·
0 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And i thought i was competitive during our xmas dog club games :lol:

Well done to you :wav: I won too (but against adults... well a young teenage girl is an adult, right? :wav:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gsygal said:
bet he/she thought she was a dead cert with a kiddie as a handler!!! ;)
Exactly! The "pass the parcel" had already stopped on the children's go more times than can be explained by chance alone! I was starting to suspect that the games were rigged! 8O

Houndzrus said:
Good on you! What did you win?
A small dog sweetie. Not the full pack, just one :wink: But I do get to hold the title of Empingham Dog Training Club Musical Chairs Winner 2011!

AlfiesMum said:
I won too (but against adults... well a young teenage girl is an adult, right?
hey, if it helps you not to feel guilty - *of course* we can count a young teenage girl as an adult! :wink:

Angela

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll give you a considered response after our xmas party with cute kid owners next week!! :wink:

Go Millie! :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luna-Tuck said:
We'll give you a considered response after our xmas party with cute kid owners next week!! :wink:
No pressure - but both AlfiesMum and I are now Musical Chairs Winners - so you need to win, too, to protect the honour of LF!

Angela

L

·
0 Posts
Charlie won the pass the parcel :D She also came second in the, run to the plastic cup, knock it over, eat the sausage underneath, and run back to mum as fast as she could :lol:

Fortunately there are only adults in our class, so games were won and lost with a clear conscious :lol:

Bit gutted we didn't play musical chairs :(

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I can remember getting to the final of the musical chairs game at my primary school Christmas party.I was in the final against a parent.We ran around the last chair like maniacs,and soon as the music stopped,I sort of slipped on the shiney floor and kicked the chair away just as this "enormous mother" plonked her ..rse down.She hit the deck with a crash and a scream!!!...and I sat on the chair.My Mum then gave me the biggest slap I've ever had....ouch !!!! 8O :D :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
I remember doing musical poles on horseback at a gymkhana there was just one pole and two of us left the other rider got there first with me right behind him my pony nipped his on the rump and his pony shot forward and I grabbed the pole and won! :D 8O :D

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
my pony nipped his on the rump and his pony shot forward and I grabbed the pole and won!

I got worried there...thought you were going to say "you" nipped his pony on the rump!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Well, if it had been sausage ducking, you'd have had no chance if Feather had been there. She's a mean sausage-ducker, the LF sausage-ducking champion, in fact.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Definitely the right thing to do ... better they learn sooner rather than later :lol:

Oh and I would have done the same thing :lol:

·
Administrator
20,704 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but this was a dogs Christmas Party at my old dog club. Musical chairs, egg and spoon races (using table tennis balls instead of eggs.) fancy dress. All great fun! I guess this would have been around the early 1980's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts