Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln is a lovely dog in every way, i had him as a rescue 3 months a go and he has been brilliant in adapting to 2 cats and my husband! :twisted:
he is calm and chilled in the house loves other people, but when we are out walking gets sooo excited when we see another dog, starts barking and leaping around when on the lead, and when off lead rushes over to play with everyone.

this is usually fine but when he has finished his play, and we walk on he suddenly decides that isn't enough and will tear after them again, its not a massive problem - he isn't aggressive in any way but just gets so excitable when outside.

he is about 15 months so still very young should i be doing anymore to control this or is this normal? he is going to classes every week and we are practising his recall all the time, recall is never a problem when no other dog around,
he gets 2-3 hours of excercise per day, i try and keep him mentally stimulated at home, buster cube etc
any suggestions or calming posts gratefully received :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
have you spoken to your trainer/s about this? and what advice have they given them

it might be a problem if your dog runs up to another dog which objects to him............ it would be a problem if a tractor/car or something is between you and the other person - or a horse.............

it will come but you want to build up the relationship with your dog - so that it wants to be with you............. and not with the other dog.......

you could train a good solid down to stop your dog -- but the recall is such an important excercise

your trainer should help if you explain the problem

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts