Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it's normal for our little ones to eat everything they come across while out on walks. We have a huge field and bridal path over the back of our house, where we walk Scoobs, and he eats everything he can find over there, including Horses and Rabbit poo. Is this normal? Will it do him any harm? I try and take it out of his mouth but as you can imagine it's not a pleasant experience for me, :oops: and he doesn't give it up easily!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
My ones used to do that when they were little. Its there way to figure out what all the new smells are. What worked for us is teaching the 'leave it' command. Take a few treats with you (really yummy ones) and he actually leaves something reward him with praise and treats.

It did work for mine and didnt take long.

Good luck!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie will be going out for his first walk tomorrow :shock: - I will make sure I take some treats, and pray he doesn't find a nice pile of manure :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Corbie will be going out for his first walk tomorrow - I will make sure I take some treats, and pray he doesn't find a nice pile of manure
Hi Karen,

How's Corbie? Did he enjoy his first walk?? They grow so quickly don't they! Hope you're both having lots of fun. :D

Julie

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Julie

Corbie is loving his walks thanks - he's started to realise what 'walkies' means! We have a river here we can walk along so he loves to splash about there especially in the pools on the rocks, although i have to make sure I don't get dragged in with him! We met a fully grown choc lab at the weekend - they both wanted to say hello to each other, and tails were wagging. When they were standing side by side, it made me realise just how much more growing Corbie has left to do and I thought he was big already :lol: ! :shock: He'll still be my little baby boy though :D

Hope Bradley is enjoying his travels - has he done the infamous scene from Lady & The Tramp while in Italy with the meatballs & spaghetti?! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts