Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is 15 weeks old today. We put a harness on her and an extending lead. She’s been excellent on a lead but over the last 3 days or so, she’s been chewing the lead and pulling/tugging it like it’s a game and it’s hard to walk her. I show her treats to get her to walk and sometimes even bring the lead very short, but she still continues to chew the lead and pull at it.
Does anyone have any tips on how to stop this or why she’s doing it? We tell her no and leave but she just doesn’t listen. There’s times she does it with clothing too she ripped/put a hole my partners jumper With the grabbing and pulling of it and not listening. Any advice/help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
You don't need a harness or extendable lead. Neither are good for pups, so stick a flat collar on, and just encourage her to come back to you lots of times and vary walks, so it's not lead on at any one time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I agree with Tarimoor that's what we do with our 14 week pup and have done with our older dogs. Little bit of lead time with more time off lead, vary walks. We have a squeaky toy that she only has on walks and treats. Her recall is coming on....but will need lots more work. Ours bites her lead sometimes or our older dogs lead I just distract her by giving her the walk toy to carry which works most of the time. It does get better. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts