Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just thought I'd give you an update on how Molly is doing at 14 weeks. She's still biting quite a bit (but is definitely teething so that's understandable). We're definitely on our way with the toilet training :) She cries at night every now and then but it's more of a rarity. Training is going really well, she can do sit, stay, lie down, paw, and we're working on heel. Her recall isn't too bad but could be better.

I do have a question though: She doesn't seem to wag her tail as much as my parents' dalmatians do. Is this something that I should be worried about? I worry that she's either hurt it or isn't very happy :-(

What do you think?

By the way, I've attached some photos for you all :)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Molly is absolutely beautiful and looks very happy to me. She's holding her tail high in one of the pictures so it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Maybe she's more laid back than the dalmations and doesn't feel the need for much over excited tail wagging.

Rufus sometimes can't be bothered to get off his bed and just wags the end of his tail to acknowledge me.

They're all different.

Enjoy her and stop worrying

Yvonne

G

·
Shes lovely!!

I used to worry when Ruby was little as she hardly ever wagged her tail, as shes gotten older it has gradually wagged more and more to the point now where it rarely stops!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ahhhh she's lovely!

I wouldn't worry about the not so waggy tail, if only mine was like that we wouldn't have had to have half her tail taken off from wagging it too much :!:

Keep the photos of Molly coming and enjoy every minute of her, they grow up far too fast. :(

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Molly is gorgeous, as the others said don`t worry about the wagless tail, CJ is very conservative about wagging his most of the time, seems to waste too much energy :lol: :lol:

As for her still nipping, still use your anti nipping methods even though she`s teething, she still needs to know its not the done thing :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the responses, you've really put my mind at ease. With regards to the nipping, I'm still doing the whole turning my back on her thing until she calms down if she nips me. She's chewing on lots of other things though lol. Provided her with nylabones and carrots etc.

On another note, I've just come down to discover that she's torn up the lino in the kitchen. My partner will go mad when he sees it lol! I've put it back down as much as I could but she's chewed some of it up. Gonna have to look for a mat to put down to hide it lol!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts