Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Truffle was sick in his crate last night, but looked OK this morning so I gave him breakfast as usual and he ate it all up. Then 5 minutes ago he was sick again (and then ate it again - how disgusting 8O 8O ). Both times it was just a small amount, and on both occasions a few hours after he's eaten meals. Should I hold off on lunch? And is there anything I can give him to make him feel better?

I don't think he's eaten anything that he shouldn't - nothing obvious is missing :D :D

Thanks

Worried Cat and poorly Truffle

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ah, same thing happened to Inja yesterday. We're just keeping an eye on her and she seems her usual self. As long as it is only once or twice and they don't seem down or sick, I tend to wait it out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you carry on feeding Inja as normal? He seems fine in himself, but I can hear him being sick again as I type!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I would carry on feeding as normal - especially as nothing is missing nor has appeared in his sick.

Sometimes they just struggle to digest a meal so are sick and re-eat it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Personally, I would go for no more food for 24 hours or at least the rest of the day, assuming he's not really young.

Then I would give about a quarter of his normal amount and see if he keeps that down for 2 hours and then another quarter etc for the rest of the day and then nack to normal the following day.

Rosie used to get bouts of this and this was the only way we got her back to normal, sometimes with the help of Zantec from the vets half an hour before the first and last meal of the day.

It could be he's got an upset and inflamed stomach that needs to settle down a bit.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for that.

I gave him lunch in two halves, 2 hours apart, and he kept both of those down, so I'm hoping he's better now. As he's only been with us 9 weeks I've never had to deal with this before (thankfully :D :D :D )

Many thanks

Relieved Cat and hopefully better Truffle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi
Would anyone suggest if I should keep feeding Penny as normal. She was sick last night at 6pm, brought up undigested breakfast (llarge amount) I then gave her half her dinner, she seemed fine, so gave her the other half last thing at night (11pm). She just brought that up now (5am) all over my clean bedding and dog blankets!!

I'm thinking that as she isnt allowed exercise, she isnt processing food properly, I obviously dont want to starve her, but maybe I should cut down her food big time for next 24 hours?

Ideas please!!
P and P
xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts