Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Jagger is 11 months old and he has vomited this evening to big piles about 2 hours after his food and then drank some water and has been sick another two times. I am worried unsure if to take him to the emergency vets or wait til morning he seems OK in himself jumping up on the sofa etc just don't understand why hes been sick so much. Any help would be very much apperiated thank you Maria

·
Administrator
21,785 Posts
Has he eaten something he should not have? Thats the normal Labrador reason. Dogs do throw their dinner out occasionally and usually it's nothing to worry about. It's a bit of a judgement call really, it could be serious, it's more likely nothing at all. For my part, if the dog was mine and apart from that was bright and active I'd ignore it, but if you are at all worried then the vet is the person to turn too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has he eaten something he should not have? Thats the normal Labrador reason. Dogs do throw their dinner out occasionally and usually it's nothing to worry about. It's a bit of a judgement call really, it could be serious, it's more likely nothing at all. For my part, if the dog was mine and apart from that was bright and active I'd ignore it, but if you are at all worried then the vet is the person to turn too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply I have kept a close eye on him through the night and the sickness has stopped, he has strained doing his business today. He seems OK but a bit more lazy than usual. I am going to call the vet for advice best to be on the safe side.

Thank you
Maria

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jagger has been to the vets and he has got to go in for the day tomorrow for tests can't tell you how worried I am right now 😪

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hope he's ok.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, Jagger is now home and hopefully on the mend after a day at the vets having saline and antibiotics intravenously he has managed to keep a meal down ☺ so fingers crossed it stays that way the vet also did xrays and can't see any obvious obstructions and his bloods were OK but did show he was dehydrated which was to be expected. So it's a watchful night and cuddles with my boy 💙
Dog Jaw Gesture Carnivore Fawn

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts
I’m glad he’s on the mend. I had something similar with Lulu. She ended up with 3 X-rays, ultrasounds, a ton of medication. They thought it could be an Intussusception but it either corrected itself following a barium meal or it was a nasty gastro bug.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All is well at the moment he is just so tired, he has had his meds and food, the vets have said he can go in tomorrow again for the day if I feel he needs to, I am hoping he can stay at home tomorrow xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts